Monday, October 7, 2013

[SQL 2012] SQL 2012 Availability groups

[SQL 2012] SQL 2012 Availability groups


SQL 2012 Availability groups

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 03:00 AM PDT

I have had a google around how to set these up and it seems fairly simple, I am just trying to get my head around the storage side.We know it can't be shared storage as both nodes (in a two node cluster) need to have access at the same time.On a windows 2008 server, how would you set the storage up? Would you use a file share as the witness? And you could have one of the SQL instances taking the data load etc and the replica doing the reporting, backups etc?On a windows 2012 Server how would it work?

SSRS report with multiple datasets

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 11:11 AM PDT

I need to create one report with 5 different data sets and from 5 diff data sources. All the 5 data sources are from 5 diff servers and they are not linked servers. So I am creating 5 data sets with 5 diff data sources and executing 5 diff stored procedures and getting 5 diff result sets with same column names and need to add all these 5 result sets into one report. I need to union the result set of all the 5 Stored procs and use it one report.How can I do this?Thanks.

How to capture trace data for update statistics testing

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 11:10 PM PDT

I want to focus on tracing queries that are most dependent on really good statistics.I've learned how to do server-side traces which seem to have a light impact on our production server. Now I'm asked to capture traces which can be replayed in our disaster-recovery environment in an attempt to find the "sweet spot" for update statistic sample rate. For years we ran them at full scan ( 100% sample ), then as the database grew we backed off to 80%. Now we want to see if we should go back to 100% which will multi-thread ( parallelize ) or lower the rate.This database has clients of many different sizes and the application uses an ORM. Its quite relational so often does numerous joins. The business allows end users to run LIKE queries from the application, sometimes double wildcard like queries so I was leaning towards capturing those. After numerous Monday-morning performance crisis over the years, everyone is afraid to lower the sample rate, but I found several articles that indicated that until you get below 50% sample, full scan may run faster since it doesn't have to sort and use tempdb ( and runs parallel threads ).Auto create/update stats is on as is the update asynchronous. We update stats using an algorithm that finds those needing update the most based on rows modified and size of table -- 3 hours every weeknight and several hours on Saturday -- all in addition to regular index rebuild/reorgs. Sql 2012 Enterprise 64 cores hyperthreaded with max memory at 368GB.

About sql server carrier.

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 09:43 PM PDT

Hi All, This is prashant.I have completed my b.tech in electronics and communication engg.I m working on .net and my favorite subject is sql server.i want to be a sql server dba.is there any oppertunities for freshers in sql server dba.please reply me,i am confusing in choosing my carrer.thank you

How do I add a new sheet with the servers name to an open workbook? using power shell

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 12:45 AM PDT

Hi,I am running my PS script against a list of servers. I am pushing myoutput to Excel.What I would like to wind up with is one sheet per server. Right now,I am getting one WorkBook per server.How do I add a new sheet with the servers name to an open workbook?

File Format Not Valid message when installing SQL Enterprise 2012

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 07:48 PM PDT

Hi all,I am getting the "File format not valid" message at a very early stage in the installation process of SQL Enterprise 2012 on my Windows 7 machine. I have tried these 2 options but both failed:(1) mounting the iso on Virtual CloneDrive and running setup from there.(2) extracting the files from the iso using Winrar and running setup from the extracted files.The message appear just after I press the Next button, following the Product Key code.Any ideas how to fix this please?

Need help in writing a query

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 04:47 AM PDT

Hi, I have the following tables: 1. Units table: •ID•Serial number•Name•Location 2. UnitsData table: •ID•UnitID (int)•DateOfData (datetime)•Value (float) I have to show the following information in a gridview and I do not succeed doing it through SQL query and need help: I have to show a grid with one line for every unit with the following information about it: 1.Unit's name.2.Unit's serial number3.Unit's location.4.Average of the value column for the unit in the last 30 days. 5.The latest DateOfData of the unit.6.The value in the latest dateofdata.7.true if the latest data was received in the last 48 hours. else - false8.true if I got the same value in different dates in the past 48 hours. I know it is a big question. I will appreciate any help about it. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog