Monday, October 7, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Seeing recompiles when changed AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS to OFF

[MS SQL Server] Seeing recompiles when changed AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS to OFF


Seeing recompiles when changed AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS to OFF

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 04:15 AM PDT

The reasons why proc cache is flushed are listed herehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522682.aspx, and AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS is not this list.So I changed this option to OFF on production and saw a 100% spike that lasted about 4 minutes and saw a lot of recompiles.What am I missing?

Update statistics job is failing

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 02:12 AM PDT

I've set up a Maintenance Plan (yeah, yeah, code it up myself and create the Agent job, I know... :hehe:) to run an Update Statistics once a week on a server here.Well, the past couple times its run, it's coming back with an error, and I'm not sure how to resolve it:Executing the query "UPDATE STATISTICS [dbo].[TABLENAME] WITH FULLSCAN" failed with the following error: "Error converting data type varchar to numeric.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.No, the table in question isn't really named "TABLENAME." The table in question does have quite a few computed columns, but there's nothing in BOL to indicate that these should be a problem. Yes, this table has quite a few columns (106 of which 39 are computed,) but it was (I believe) inherited from a mainframe system.I know I could exclude this DB from the update job, but I'd rather not. Further, it has worked in the recent past (about 3 weeks back,) and the dev responsible for it hasn't made any schema changes in months.Any suggestions?Thanks,Jason

Missing Drives on Remote server

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 03:42 AM PDT

Hi,I am looking to find missing drives on remote server. actually we are monitoring bulk servers, but we got some issue with one server that one drive is disapeared. we don't have any choice until it come to notice. later backups failures started and we identified drive is missed. can anyone help me to find those issue using T-SQL script. or even it would be better in anyway to find those issues. Replays are most welcome.cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog