Wednesday, September 25, 2013

[SQL 2012] Force T-SQL Job Step to Run Under Specific SQL Account

[SQL 2012] Force T-SQL Job Step to Run Under Specific SQL Account


Force T-SQL Job Step to Run Under Specific SQL Account

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 12:17 AM PDT

I have created a SQL user to run certain dbcc commands for us (DBCC CHECKTABLE in this case). This user is governed by resource governor for this reason. I made the user a sysadmin and also made it the owner of the job. What I found later, was that if the owner of the job is a sysadmin, it will execute in the context of the agent account. If the owner is not sysadmin, it will execute under the context of the owner.Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this job to execcute as this new SQL login instead of the agent, but still have it with server role of sysadmin?

report looping for n values

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 01:56 AM PDT

Hi,I have report that takes state as parameter and executes the stored proc and generate the report data.Since I need to run this report for all the 50 states in USA I created a subscription for each state and generating report for each state.But is there any way I can loop the report for all 50 diff states instead of creating a subscription for each state?Thanks.

Setting log shipping in AlwaysOn environment

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 03:58 AM PST

Hello everyone, We have 4 Servers which have SQL SERVER 2012 and "AlwaysOn" have been enabled on all 4 servers: Server1,Server2,Server3,Server4 Server1 is the Primary node and thr rest are secondaries. There is a Sync relation between Server1 and Server2 and also there is aSync relation between Server1 and Server3 & Server4. Is it possible to setup log shipping from Server2 & Server3(secondaries) to two new servers?Does this have any problem? Thanks

I need an exclusion query again. My totals are wrong.

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 08:41 PM PDT

Hi Can someone put the following perhaps in a query that makes sense. My totals are wrong so I'm thinking that I need a better built query.'From Item Range CL00000 to 999999. Then exclude 001920, 001921, CL01926, CN00229 and CN00230'Kind regardsFred

Transaction Control in SSIS

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 06:19 PM PDT

Hi Team Require your help on TRANSACTION CONTROL IN SSIS , We have created package with 12 dataflow task in one sequence container based on the sequence. All the dataflow task has SSIS framework implemented , when ever a record does not match certain condition that particular record moves into the error/reject log table but package does not fail it moves to the next record , However my requirnment is if any record move to error/reject log table than that particular record to be rolled back & cannot commit and then pick another record.Package will not fail but rollback has to be implemented for all the records that get captured in error/reject log table Thanks & RegardsRaga

How to set user permissions for service

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 08:35 AM PDT

I have two services that I am creating. The first one is continuously adding rows to a single table and the second will look at a different table in the db to see if there is any work to be completed. If there is any work to be completed the service will update the rows in that table. I need each of these two services to be able to execute side by side.My question is this. How can setup user permissions so that a user has read/write on just one table and read only on the rest of the database?Thanks,Gary

secure SSIS Connection

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 08:40 AM PDT

I am working on a SSIS ETL project where I need to transfer data between two different networks-one has its own DMZ. So the data will travel through internet. Both servers are encrypted and secure. I have two concerns here:How do I establish/configure a connection between these two servers that are completely in different networks? Also the data in flight needs to be encrypted or in other words need to have encrypted or the connection between the two servers need to be connected- how do I accomplish that?Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog