Friday, March 15, 2013

[MS SQL Server] The distribution agent failed to create temporary files

[MS SQL Server] The distribution agent failed to create temporary files


The distribution agent failed to create temporary files

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:42 AM PDT

HiI'm getting this error with a transactional replication setup on SQL 2008R2 Standard (SP1): The distribution agent failed to create temporary files in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM' directory. System returned errorcode 5. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL21100)I've been to [url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956032/en-us[/url] amongst other places, and as a result given full control to Everyone on the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM folder (I tried the SQL Agent and Distribution agent accounts first). I've also disabled on-access scanning for the anti-virus software. It's a 2-node cluster so I've done this for both nodes.Is there anything else I can try in order to troubleshoot further? - only this one has got me completely stumped.Thanks everyone,Duncan

Transact-SQL job step to run under proxy

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 10:35 AM PDT

HelloI have a Transact-SQL job step that I want to run under a proxy however I cannot get it to work. I have created the credential then created the proxy to run under all subsytems however when I try and choose the proxy in the 'run as' drop down it does not appear. I am running sql server 2008 enterprise edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog