Thursday, August 29, 2013

[SQL 2012] Connecting SQL servers on the same or different domains with no delegation or linking

[SQL 2012] Connecting SQL servers on the same or different domains with no delegation or linking


Connecting SQL servers on the same or different domains with no delegation or linking

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 01:26 AM PDT

I have been asked to do connect 2 SQL servers that are on different domains (or the same one) [u]without [b][/b][/u]using any delegation or linked servers. I will use Srvr1 and Srvr2 as names.Srvr1 should only grant read only access to a table in a dBSrvr2 should be able to query the dB and table from Srvr1 I do have a VPN tunnel so the data would be secure between the 2 servers on different domains.The servers on the same domain have different service accounts.I have tried only on the same domain so far. The other domain server would be at a separate company.I did grant the Srvr2 service account datareader access to Srvr1 dB and it did not work.In configuration manager I changed the IP1 TCP\IP "IP Addresses" Active=Yes and Enabled=Yes and this didn't help.Any help or ideas would be very welcome. At this point I'm not sure what could work.

Transaction Control in SSIS

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 06:19 PM PDT

Hi Team Require your help on TRANSACTION CONTROL IN SSIS , We have created package with 12 dataflow task in one sequence container based on the sequence. All the dataflow task has SSIS framework implemented , when ever a record does not match certain condition that particular record moves into the error/reject log table but package does not fail it moves to the next record , However my requirnment is if any record move to error/reject log table than that particular record to be rolled back & cannot commit and then pick another record.Package will not fail but rollback has to be implemented for all the records that get captured in error/reject log table Thanks & RegardsRaga

sql schema compare

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 05:32 PM PDT

hi all, yesterday i installed sql server 2012 in my system, but sql schema compare is missing in my data tools(BIDS).is there anything i need to check while installing.thanks sathiyan

Transactional replication - can't create publication

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 11:41 AM PDT

Hi all,I have a newly created Windows 2008R2 (64bit) server with MSSQL 2012 standard edition installed, acting as it's own distributor.I have just gone to create the first publication on this particular server and I am getting an error with the snapshot agent. [i][b]"A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "sp_scriptdropinsreconciliationproc_sqlclr":"[/b][/i] I can be pretty sure it has nothing to do with the subscription, because I didn't even get to that stage.I have done some browsing and all that I can find is something about a known problem after applying the .Net [url=http://omgili.com/thread/7aBdisT0NOqjddVTi0zn3Vy2rCMjaYjk5lgY8Hb3JQThXIKFA5Cc5QkZiUkshOK7XgFTdUbLOtr6VPE_LNekmIo76TvDWjGfzVYoYPneDviJNrOgoO9sJe7pI.CmjMYY3vsZLntwxTJ0adO6v52kb0II.RsR1FguPYLdxXms9vVqKq7RlX2zkccUqcETR5IZUhnsr1g6yRf_C5jcU9O8Arp0mfj.M2k./]update KB2840628[/url]... the only problem is my server has not had the update applied.Any help would be greatly appreciated.David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog