Thursday, October 10, 2013

[SQL 2012] Installer for SQLDOM.msi?

[SQL 2012] Installer for SQLDOM.msi?


Installer for SQLDOM.msi?

Posted: 03 Oct 2013 03:56 AM PDT

I just got my Dev 2012 edition and when I checked the prereqs, it said I needed to download and install SQLDOM.msi. So I downloaded it, but when I try to install it, it tells me Windows Installer is not the right program to install it.This confuses me. If Windows Installer isn't the needed program, what is? (I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, btw).Any ideas?

Change tables from Partitioned to non-Partitioned

Posted: 09 Oct 2013 02:22 PM PDT

We're considering moving a database from SQL 2012 Enterprise to Standard, but it has a number of partitioned tables I'd like to change to be non-partitioned. I found this link which gives some examples of doing this: http://www.patrickkeisler.com/2013/01/how-to-remove-undo-table-partitioning.htmlBut I'm curious to know if I can just create new tables on [PRIMARY], copy the data from the partitioned tables to the unpartitioned tables, delete the original partitioned tables, then delete the partitioned schemes and functions. The tables I'm looking at are all heaps so no indexes. Thanks for any guidance or suggestions.

Account type for SQL server services

Posted: 09 Oct 2013 07:52 AM PDT

When you setup a service account for sql server services, do you use a domain account or MSA account or virtual account. Most of our SQl servers has SSIS, so it needs to access other resources on other SQL servers.In this case what is the best option for the service, a domain account, msa or virtual account.Currently we are using SQL 2008, we use domain account for the SQL server serivce.http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143504.aspxI am a little confused a bout MSA account, it says :When resources external to the SQL Server computer are needed, Microsoft recommends using a Managed Service Account (MSA), configured with the minimum privileges necessary.it also says:You cannot use a MSA to log into a computer, but a computer can use a MSA to start a Windows service. So if it cannot login to a computer, how the SSIS to connect to another server using SQL agent service using a msa account?Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog