Friday, October 11, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Not Able to Uninstall SQL SERVER 2008 R2 from WIndows server 2008

[MS SQL Server] Not Able to Uninstall SQL SERVER 2008 R2 from WIndows server 2008


Not Able to Uninstall SQL SERVER 2008 R2 from WIndows server 2008

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 05:38 PM PDT

HI All,I am not able to uninstall sql server 2008 R2 from my windows server 2008 the installer is throwing the error "Unable to perform unauthorized operation." and in logs some registry keys exception are coming and one more error regarding sqlengine_validate_cpu_64 not able to perform action is coming.Please let me know if any of you have faced this scenario and how you resolved it.Thanks in Advance.Regards,Ajit

Backup & Restore Question

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 11:00 PM PDT

I have one scenario based query based on this backup schedule:Full Backup: Monday/Thursday @10:00 PMDifferential Backup: Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday @10 PMTransaction Backup: Every 2 hours.Now say my Full backup on Thursday is unusable (due to corruption or any issue), if the db crashes at 11:00 am on Saturday, how can I restore the database back upto the maximum usable state ?

Restoring Reporting Services to Standby Server

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 01:27 AM PDT

(I'm a RS Noob)I want to set up a semi-stanby server for our Reporting Services application, and other associated databases. It is acceptable to have a bit of time to manually switch over. Currently I back up the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases from "MyRS_Server" each day and push them to "RS_StandByServer" . I then restore them to "RS_StandByServer". I have RS configured on "RS_StandByServer", and it appears to have the same settings as "MyRS_Server".What else do I need to do ? Copy and restore the RS keys to StandbyServer ?

error i am getting while logging to sql server in my local

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 06:29 PM PDT

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Serveris configured to allow remote connections.(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

How can remove the SQL server error log for CDC?

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 02:58 PM PDT

How can remove the SQL server error log for CDC?

DB Backup Is Backing Up Previous Version of Proc

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 06:39 AM PDT

Hi All,I'm experiencing a rather bizarre problem that baffles me.I have a production DB that I backup from our production box and then restore to our Dev server for some testing. Yesterday I had to deploy a new version of a stored proc to the production DB. This new version of the stored proc only had some very minor changes. Today I took a backup of the DB and restored it to our dev box. When I diff the DB (with RedGate SQL Diff) it shows a difference between the two DBs for that proc. The newly restored DB on the dev server has the old version of the procedure!If I go into the object explorer and script out the proc, the old version is in fact what comes out from the newly restored DB (on our dev box). If I do the same on our production machine, the new version of the proc is there. And it's not just that one proc. There are a few others as well. Some of which I updated weeks ago.It seems that the backup didn't capture the new version of the proc?Has anyone ever experienced this?This is the backup command I use.BACKUP DATABASE DbNameTO DISK = C:\SomePathWITH COPY_ONLY, INIT, NOSKIP, NAME = SomeBackupName, DESCRIPTION = SomeBackupDescription, STATS = 10;Any thoughts would be most appreciated.Thanks!Peter

Upgrade from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2008 R2

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 07:05 AM PDT

We would like to do SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2008 R2. What is best suitable method for upgrading the SQL 7.0 to SQL Server 2008R2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog