Wednesday, October 2, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Create Full Backup with Multiple FileGroups

[MS SQL Server] Create Full Backup with Multiple FileGroups


Create Full Backup with Multiple FileGroups

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 09:28 AM PDT

Hello EveryoneI am in the process of writing a Full Backup Database script, but this database has multiple filegroups. The Database is set to Simple Recovery Mode. It has been ages since I have backed up a Multi FileGroup database.No one installed the SQL Books Online on this server, and I am going to hang someone for that.Can someone give me the code to create a Full Backup with Multiple FileGroups, that will backup each FileGroup?This is what I have:[code="sql"]BACKUP DATABASE ProdDB TO DISK = N'F:\Database Backups\ProdDB\ProdDB_Full.bak' WITH COPY_ONLY, NOFORMAT, INIT, NAME = N'ProdDB-Full Database Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10, CHECKSUM;[/code]Yes, I know. Great naming convention at this place. I knew that I should not have taken this contract. :)Thank you in advance for all your assistance, suggestions and comments.Andrew SQLDBA

SQL Server 2008 R2 Cluster in Windows Server 2008 R2 - Maintenance Activity - Start/Stop Services

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 10:45 PM PDT

How to Start/Stop SQL Server Services in Two Node Active/Passive Cluster environment?

Shrinking Temp DB

Posted: 02 Oct 2013 01:16 AM PDT

I am trying to shrink the first temp db mdf, but it is not shrinking... 95% free... just added some new mdf's.Using this command:USE [tempdb]GODBCC SHRINKFILE (N'tempdev' , 17724)I get the following:DbId FileId CurrentSize MinimumSize UsedPages EstimatedPages2 1 4029552 1024 10160 10160

SSAS Change Management

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 01:32 PM PDT

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am looking to see if there is any where I can get a listing of objects on a SSAS database and at the very least a last changed date and or created date? I know on the database engine in the master database the SysObjects table has this information for each database on the server. Does anyone know where something like this is in an SSAS database? any help is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog