Friday, September 6, 2013

[SQL 2012] Inplace Upgrade from SQL 2005 Cluster to SQL 2012 Cluster

[SQL 2012] Inplace Upgrade from SQL 2005 Cluster to SQL 2012 Cluster


Inplace Upgrade from SQL 2005 Cluster to SQL 2012 Cluster

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 01:50 AM PDT

I need to do in place upgrade from SQL 2005 EE cluster?(OS Windows 2008 R2 ) to SQL 2012 EE cluster. Can anyone suggest me the procedure, pre and post steps.

Can't update SQL 2012 instance

Posted: 05 Sep 2013 06:57 AM PDT

Hi, I have an instance of SQL Server 2012 that is not being detected by the installer. I need to apply SP1 + CU5 to the instance but when I run SP setup, it does not see the instance. It finds the other instances on the box but not the one that needs the updates.If I run from command line with /allinstances or even /instancename=xxx, it does not find it either. The instance runs fine and shows up as it should in SQL Server Configuration Manager but I can't upgrade or add features. Any suggestions would help.Thanks

performance

Posted: 05 Sep 2013 04:26 PM PDT

Hi all,Tableaid product_id brand_id1 1 12 2 13 3 24 1 15 4 2I need to select the product which is there all brand[b]USING SET OPERATOR[/b]select product from tablea WHERE brand_id=1INTERSECTselect product from tablea WHERE brand_id=2[b]USING JOIN[/b]SELECT product from tablea tJOIN tablea t1 ON t.product=t1.product and t.brand_id=1 and t2.brand_id=2which one is better in performance.or any other optimised way to achieve the samethankssathiyan

Profiling Linked Server Query

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 01:54 AM PDT

Hi allI was profiling a DB for queries against it but have noticed that when a table in the DB is accessed through a linked server this does not show in profiler. Can anyone advise on why this is or what events I need to select to ensure this is captured in future?Thanks

How to Remove an Instance from SQL Server 2012

Posted: 05 Sep 2013 04:27 PM PDT

Hi All,I am facing challenges to remove 2012 SQL Server Instances from my Systems. I am using windows 7 and service pack-1. I am going to control panel and then clicking on programs and features and then uninstall Microsoft 2012 and then click on Remove.After that I got a message which is below"The operating system on this computer does not meet the minimum requirement for SQL server 2012. For Windows 7 or Windows server R2 , Service pack 1 or later is required. "I have already Service Pack 1 is installed on my machine. I tired to Install another but it tells me service pack 1 is already installed on your system.I have also run the windows update. nothing is working for me. I have BI edition and Enterprise Edition for sql server 2012 Installed on my machine. Does it cause this problem? Then what to do?Can any one please help me? I am in a deep trouble.It is giving to install another instance But I can not remove the instances.Please help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog