Sunday, August 25, 2013

[SQL Server 2008 issues] utf-8 issue japanese chars are comong as ???

[SQL Server 2008 issues] utf-8 issue japanese chars are comong as ???


utf-8 issue japanese chars are comong as ???

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 06:15 AM PDT

Hi,We have to get some data from U98 (saixdbU98) in UTF-8 format in Excel sheet.We are having queries ready for this. These queries bring data which have Japanese characters.We are having the access to run the Select query through pbrun (Power Broker). But when we run the Select queries through pbrun (Power Broker) then in the result Japanese chars are garbled. It comes in Text format.Please suggest a solution for this and let us know what process we have to follow to get the result in UTF-8 format in Excel sheet.------------------------------------set sqlblanklines on;SET DEFINE OFF;set linesize 1000set long 1000000set pages 50000set feed off markup html on spool onspool /tmp/UAT_bkp_xls_27Aug12.xls--UAT_bkp_xls_27Aug12.sqlselect * from GCMS_USER.GCMS_PHRASES ;select * from GCMS_USER.GCMS_MAPPING ;select * from GCMS_USER.GCMS_SCREEN ;select * from GCMS_USER.GCMS_APPS ;commit;spool offset markup html off spool offexit;This is the code..please suggest me if I can add any parametrs in this file to remove junk charactersthank you

unable to install sql management studio 2008 R2

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 05:53 AM PDT

Running Windows-7 Pro 32 bit. Trying to start SQL Server Agent. It is stopped & greyed out so cannot be started. Tried to install SQL Management Studio 2008 R2, get Validation Errors unable to install. Is there any quick way I can get the SQL Server Agent to run and/or install the above SQL Managemnet Studio?Thanks for any help

SQL to do calc on different rows

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 05:05 AM PDT

Hi, allIs there any anylytical function in ss so I can achive result like belowo doing calculation on values from different rows? Thanks all for help, I'm sure it should be, I think there is one in oracle ,but I could not find in ss.Thanks allMario[code="other"]select * into #t1 from (select 'alpha' c1, 100 c2 unionselect 'bravo' c1, 120 c2 unionselect 'charlie' c1, 230 c2 unionselect 'delta' c1, 360 c2 unionselect 'whiskey' c1, 500 c2 ) b--delta1 = row2.c2 - row1.c1--delta2 = row2.c3 - row1.c2 etc..c1 | c2 | delta |alpha | 100 | 20 |bravo | 120 | 110 |charlie | 230 | 130 |delta | 360 | 140 |whiskey | 500 | 0 |[/code]

How do I find what is consuming SQL Server's memory?

Posted: 01 Dec 2011 11:17 PM PST

Hi GuysI'm trying to find which processes are the most memory consuming on my SQL Server, when I monitor the page usage via perfmon and see the available pages in memory (say for example 1 Million) and the free pages the server has (for example 5k pages) I wonder which processes/transactions are eating up all these pages.If I check the sysprocesses view the "memusage" column gives me a number that MSDN says is the number of pages the process has (not sure if this is the actual value it is using at the moment I see it or if it is the total of pages it has been using since it started) but the SUM of all of these pages is very very smal (for example 2k out of the million) so I wonder who or what else has these pages?I tried to see the data DBCC MEMORYSTATUS but I don't seem to find nothing useful, maybe I'm looking wrong, but the memory usage is always on the commited or database(clean) section, the procedure cache has just a small chunk of it, but I don't seem to find actually which processes are eating the memory here, maybe I'm just looking wrong.Can you guys help me?Thanks in advance

[CLUSTER] Multiple Instances Design

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 12:01 AM PDT

Hi,I want my Applications to connect to [u]SQL cluster Instances[/u] only using [b]VIP SQL Name[/b] (SQL Virtual Network Name).I thought about this design:1) [b]SQL1\Default[/b] 2) [b]SQL2\Default[/b] 3) [b]SQL3\Default[/b] 4) [b]SQL4\Default[/b]As each [u]SQL VIP Name is different[/u], I could use [b]Default instance[/b] for each of them.Where can I find documentation about this question ?Thanks,Dok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog