Sunday, August 18, 2013

[SQL Server 2008 issues] I m facing lot of blocking and open train issue in my office.

[SQL Server 2008 issues] I m facing lot of blocking and open train issue in my office.


I m facing lot of blocking and open train issue in my office.

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 02:14 PM PDT

please help me if i get this types of issue then how to troubleshooting blocking and open train issue. Please give me any script to find it also,Please help me i m very new and i dont have much more experience.

option other than looping

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 10:35 AM PDT

Hi folks,I'm a procedural thinker, which isn't always good. I need to improve on the runtimes for the below loop. How can this be rewritten so that there is no loop? Table @loop may have 1000s of rows. Execution time is fine when there is <500 rows or so. Any more than that, and it takes too long to be considered acceptable. It is the loop itself that takes up the time. The xml delete is taking milliseconds per delete.Would a set-based approach work here? If so, I am not sure how to create one.Thanks in advance.while exists (select top 1 * from @loop where done = 0) begin select top 1 @X=id from @loop where done = 0 select @IssuerID=IssuerName, @IssuerIdentifier=Identifier from @loop where @X=id set @xml.modify('delete /node1/node2/node3[@name=sql:variable("@IssuerID")]'); update @loop set done = 1 where id = @X end

It is possible to insert data from instance to other instance database. If yes then how to do.

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 01:05 AM PDT

It is possible to insert data from instance to other instance database. If yes then how to do. I have already created linked server. I am able to select data from other instance but not able to insert.

MAXDOP query hint doesn't work- SQL 2008R2 Enterprise Edition

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 03:08 AM PDT

I have enforced MAXDOP on my query using hint, i have enforce it to 8 but when i look at the task manager i see all 16 cores being utilized? There is nothing else, i mean literally nothing else running on this server other than my process. If i set the hint to 4, i see 8 core being utilized? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog