Friday, August 16, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Number of logins

[MS SQL Server] Number of logins


Number of logins

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 07:13 PM PDT

Hello,Following on from a similar post I saw on here earlier ([url]http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic951703-391-1.aspx[/url]) I was wondering how people prefer to manage the number of logins on their instances.Do you simply permit as many logins as are needed, or do you try to restrict that number?Just wondering.

sqlserver 2008R2 installation - Service account error in Error log

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 05:44 AM PDT

Hello,I have installed sqlserver 2008R2 on new m/c as a part of migrating from sql 2005 to sql 2008.Next day I was looking the log and found the error message:Login failed for user 'MSSqlDB2K8\sqlsrvAcct'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: <local machine>]I have created this account during installation but didn't add account int oadministrator group.I have also tried to login using same credential in SSMS and I can't connect.When tried to sto pand start the service i can do it.I have added user into Administer group but still not working.I have also assigned account in Sysadmin server Role into Security.Thank you!

Any chance to change authentication mode via registry

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 08:17 PM PDT

Hi All,Can you please advise.. Do we have chance to change authentication mode via registry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog