Friday, August 9, 2013

[MS SQL Server] How to find the SQL Server databse Last used by db users ?

[MS SQL Server] How to find the SQL Server databse Last used by db users ?


How to find the SQL Server databse Last used by db users ?

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 02:22 AM PDT

How to find the SQL Server databse Last used by db users ?

event 11

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 10:40 AM PDT

Hi gurusI need some serious help and I hope some one here can help me with my problem, I am new to sql so go easy on meI was checking my sql server (sql2008 R2) on a windows 2008 R2 server , when suddenly I start to get an error on my event viewer MSOLAP$myserverevent 11An error occurred while writing a trace event to the file, \\?\f:\OLAP\Log\FlightRecorderCurrent.trc.I don't know how to troubleshot this error, so any help I can get would be appreciated Thanks a bunch gurus

Upgrade from Sql 2003 to Sql 2008

Posted: 09 Jul 2013 11:08 PM PDT

Hi,We are planning to upgrade from Sql 2003 to Sql 2008 and I would like to know what needs to be prepared and how to do as I will doing very first time.We have sql 2003 - on windows 2003 server with 4 CPU and 4 GB Memory.We have almost 12 Databases and biggest DB is around 250 GB which is also feed by Replication DB as subscriber and Publisher resides on 3rd party.1) What should be the new hardware and server we should configure?2) What other things we need to consider?3) What's the proper steps to migrate/upgrade DB?Thanks,

Ideas on how to handle 1000+ databases in one instance

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 07:04 PM PDT

Hi all,I am looking for some feedback on a solution I've been tasked with providing.Currently, we have a subsidiary company who provides a pretty lightweight application to their client-base. The application is based on a SQL Server 2008 database with approximately 30 user tables in (containing client-specific data), and around 70 - 90 system tables (containing unchanging system-related information on the product).Their current method of deployment is one database per customer in a fully managed environment (client has no access to the infrastructure or db), resulting in a SQL server with around 1000 individual databases on, ranging from just a few MB to a few hundred MB.There are a number of recommendations I am going to make to them, but my main quandry is how best to provide a solution to them to make the product more efficient. It would seem to me that the one db to one customer approach is pretty inefficient in storage, performance and maintenance.My thoughts are to have one db containing all data for all customers, and use schemas to separate each environment (with the obvious object-level security changes required for this approach). Further to this, I thought of suggesting one Filegroup per customer and grouping all objects for each customer into said Filegroups. This would provide for relatively easy backups/restores and performance. I was also going to suggest having a separate db or schema for the system data.I've checked the maximum capacity specs for SQL Server and it looks like it shouldn't be a problem, but I wondered if anyone had any experience of this scenario and/or any alternatives or better suggestions.Thanks in advance,Mike.

Linked server issue

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 11:07 AM PDT

I am trying to use the security option Be made using the login's current security context to setup linked server. I have two server A and B and I have sysadmin rights on both the boxes. I have setup linked server from A to B and B to A using the above setting. I can run the cross communication queries from A to B but the cross communication queries fail from B to A with error login failed for NT Authority\Anonymous login. I can add impersonate my domain account with sql server acct to make it work. But I am trying find the exact reason behind this behavior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog