Thursday, July 11, 2013

[SQL Server] Query by current month

[SQL Server] Query by current month


Query by current month

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 07:58 AM PDT

I am rather new to working with databases and queries. That being said.....I am trying to pull data in from an Oracle data base into an excel spread sheet. I already have the connections and everything, but I cant seem to figure out how to restrict the data to only that in the current month. I know i need to add a "where" clause to my query, but I cant find the proper one to insert. can someone help me out with this? the field that this is bassed off of is a date time field.

INSERTING PROBLEM

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 04:11 PM PDT

CREATE TABLE MYTABLE( NAME NVARCHAR(MAX), ID INT)INSERT INTO MYTABLE(NAME,ID) VALUES('AAA',1)INSERT INTO MYTABLE(NAME,ID) VALUES('AAA',2)INSERT INTO MYTABLE(NAME,ID) VALUES('AAA',3)so the output is,NAME IDAAA 1AAA 2AAA 3in front end i am having checkbox listin that i selected 3 items then the values will come like this '4,5,6'after getting those selected value items i want to insert it into databasefor example,NAME='BBB'IDs='4,5,6'so my requirement is if i send these above values to MYTABLE in databasethen the expected output looks likeNAME IDBBB 4BBB 5BBB 6please help me ,your help will be appreciableThanks in advance,Venkatesh Desai.k

how to add output parameter to existing sproc

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 01:41 AM PDT

I have been given a sproc which needs to have an output parameter added.It is the the line @UpdBearingStatusComplete INT OUT.when I type the name it has red squiggles under it and syntax check gives the error listed below.What am I doing wrong?ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[UpdBearingStatus] @BearingEtching VARCHAR(40), @BearingStatusHMIText Varchar(40)=NULL, @SpallSizeHMIText VARCHAR(40)=NULL, @TestSetID INT = 0, @Username VARCHAR(80)='SYSTEM', @ManualUpdateReason VARCHAR(255)=NULL--trying to add this line @UpdBearingStatusComplete INT OUT ASBEGINDECLARE @BearingID INT=0DECLARE @BearingStatusTypeIDNew INTDECLARE @SpallSizeTypeIDNew INTDECLARE @BearingStatusTypeIDPrev INTDECLARE @SpallSizeTypeIDPrev INTfrom CheckMsg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure UpdBearingStatus, Line 18Incorrect syntax near '@UpdBearingStatusComplete'.

Conversion failed due to datatype.

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 01:16 AM PDT

Hi,I am trying to generate ids as"Compidentity" as varchar .If the record is inserted with productcode- " Health"Column with value H1 shoul be added .If the record is inserted with " Dental "Column with Value D2 should be added.Here is what I have :( ProductCode Varchar(20), Compidentity int identity(1,1),status as casewhen productcode = 'Health'then 'H'+ cast(compidentity as varchar(20)) when productcode = 'Dental'then 'D' + cast(compidentity as varchar(20))else1end)Executes fine.But when I write an insert statement gives an error :" Conversion failed when converting the varchar value 'H1' to data type int."Please advise.

Invoke Batch file from Remote machine

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 04:48 PM PDT

Hello,I have created a batch file to restart one of the SQL Server service and I would like to invoke it from a remote machine.Is it possible??If yes,how?I really appreciate all of you for attempting to help me out.

Migration of Maintenance Plans - Server to Server

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 06:58 PM PDT

Hi All,I have setup some Maintenance plans over time and now am looking at installing a replacement server.Is there an easy way to migrate the plans over ( edit after if required ) Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog