Thursday, July 25, 2013

[SQL 2012] CDC - SQL Data Tools on multiple table

[SQL 2012] CDC - SQL Data Tools on multiple table


CDC - SQL Data Tools on multiple table

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 03:11 AM PDT

I trying to use the CDC functionality to pull data from multiple tables. I have two packages(One for Init Load and One for Incremental Load) per table and a wrapper package that call Individual SSIS. I have set up the states to be stored at the source db. Where should I have the "Mark Initial Load Start" and "Mark Initial Load End"? If I do it at every package(table), how will it affect incremental loads? Should I do "Mark Initial" and "Mark Incremental" just once not at table level. I am yet to find an article that shows how it can be done for multiple tables.ThanksSreejith

SQL 2012 cannot execute SSIS 2012

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 08:47 PM PDT

Hi to everyone,I have the issue below: I have an ssis package built in VS 2008, which is being called from SSMS 2008 through an sql job. The job runs with an sql proxy account and is being executed normally.On another server with SQL 2012, the same ssis package has been upgraded with VS 2010 to 2012, the job has been generated from 2008 and has been setup to be called through SQL 2012 with the new parameters and, even though the ssis package is executed normally in VS 2010, when I call it through the job it won't be executed, and I get the following error: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." This seems to be a security issue. The package is also executed successfully through command line (C:\Windows\system32>dtexec /FILE "\"E:\Package.dtsx\"" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EW).Let me inform you that the sql proxy account has been configured to the new server and the job runs with this account.I would appreciate any help and directions.Thanks a lot.

Maintenance Plans missing

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 12:41 AM PDT

A third party has updated a SQL Server 2005 installation to SQL Server 2012. I am maintaining the SQL Server DB's and front end remotely. I wish to recreate the DB maintenance plans and jobs, however these are no longer available in SQL Server Management Studio. I suspect the third party did not install Integration Services and or Analysis Services. Am I able to post install these services and how as I will need to advise the third party. Any assistance gratefully received.Thank youNeil

SQL 2012 and SQL 2008 R2 Instances on the same cluster

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 05:30 AM PDT

We need to include both a SQL 2008 R2 and SQL 2012 instance on the same Windows 2008 R2 cluster. Has anyone done this before? Caveats? Worked like a charm/don't touch with a 10 foot pole?Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

Always On Availability Group - Log Send Rate Horrible

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:33 AM PDT

Hi -We've been using AlwaysOn Availability Groups for a few months. Prior to Always On, we leveraged SQL 2008 R2 Async mirroring.We have a dedicated 10 GB pipe between the two servers. The servers sit physically next to one another on a 10 GB Network.The SQL mirroring (in SQL 2008 R2) was able to maintain the mirroring process.Well - the performance of AlwaysOn is NOT good. The log_send_rate is absolutely horrible. The best rate we see if 11 MB. But normally the rate is 2 MB.Has anyone experienced the rate become so slow that the status becomes unhealthy and the database has be removed and reconfigured w/in the availability group?

Query performance and SSIS package

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 09:29 PM PDT

Hi I am retrieving data from 3 tables. Total no of rows will be 19 million.After getting this, I am inserting into staging table in SSIS dataflow task.It is taking 35 minutes to finish and doing MERGE on target table.It is again taking 20 minutes. How can I reduce this time?If I run the query in SSMS, its taking just 1.5 minutes to insert into #temp table.

what is the use of IDENTITY data type?

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 06:05 PM PDT

CREATE TABLE Production.Categories(categoryid INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,categoryname NVARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,description NVARCHAR(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT (''))This is my create table statement in this [categoryid INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL] what is the use of IDENTITY data type

did anyone do SQL MCSA certification?

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 06:37 PM PDT

Did anyone do MCSA certification .I would like to know how to prepare for those exams as there are three exams for MCSA.which material to refer? which book to refer?are there any online courses for this subject? I would like to know how you cleared your MCSA what are the efforts you have put to pass the exam?

Red Gate Hosted SQL Monitor

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 04:01 AM PDT

I couldn't find any other place that made any more sense..For those of you who have used the Red Gate SQL Monitor package I'm betting you loved it, I know I did.I have been patiently awaiting the hosted version of that tool to be released by Red Gate.So my question is does anyone have any information on when that might be released?CEWII

SQL 2012 Cluster failure during Add node

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 06:48 AM PDT

I installed a new SQL 2012 failover cluster Enterprise on a 4 node cluster. When I am trying to run Add node on any of the other 3 nodes, the installation fails with the following error:While running 'Update HADRResource'gives error:Status: Failed: see logs for details Reason for failure: An error occurred for a dependency of the feature causing the setup process for the feature to fail. Next Step: Use the following information to resolve the error, uninstall this feature, and then run the setup process again. Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features Component error code: 0x86D80018 Error description: There was an error to lookup cluster resource types. Error: There was a failure to call cluster code from a provider. Exception message: Generic failure . Status code: 4104. Description: .Please help in resolving this error.

Default system_health XE shows security_error_ring_buffer_recorded ImpersonateSecurityContext

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 04:32 AM PDT

So I stumbled across this while playing with XE, and not sure if it's an issue or not. If I watch the live data for the default system_health Extended Event I see nothing but these:Event: security_error_ring_buffer_recorded api_name:ImpersonateSecurityContextcall_stack:0xCE7C8CDEFE070000AC878ADEFE07000005DE8ADEFE07000088468ADEFE0700004D3B8ADEFE070000447D8CDEFE070000803DC8E7FE070000643BC8E7FE0700006739C8E7FE0700000F2FCAE7FE0700005037CAE7FE0700005D2CCAE7FE070000883FCAE7FE0700002D6583770000000021C5967700000000calling_api_name:NLShimImpersonateerror_code: 5023id: 0session_id: 120timestamp : timestamp 595798There do not appear to be failed logins in the error log.This is on a failover cluster that is using two linked servers, which is what I sort of suspect but have no hard evidence at this time. For the linked server config, a list of logins is mapped to specific remote login, and for the section below "For a login not defined in the list above, connections will" the radio button Be made using the login's current security context is selected.Pointers on how to narrow this down to the problem login are appreciated.EDIT: for the SPID's I have checked, they are all SQL logins. I found some articles that suggest this can be due to orphaned domain users, but that does not appear to be the case for me.Thanks,Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog