Thursday, July 18, 2013

[SQL 2012] Can SSMS be made to display a column wider?

[SQL 2012] Can SSMS be made to display a column wider?


Can SSMS be made to display a column wider?

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 12:30 AM PDT

When I select a column that has several 100 characters in it I need to "grab" the edge and drag it over so I can see all the string. Is there a way to make SSMS display all of the string, or at least more of it?It would be nice is SSMS would/could redisplay data with whatever formatting it is currently on the screen instead of having to "grab the edge and draaaaag it over ..." :-D

SSIS 2012 Package Won't Run as SQL Server Agent Job

Posted: 06 Jun 2013 10:04 AM PDT

Hello, I'm new to the forum so sorry in advance for any etiquette I break :)I have an SSIS 2012 package that has a OLE DB data source connecting to an Access Database. The package runs fine when i run it from SQL Server Data Tools. I then deploy it to an SSIS Catalog and I can run the package fine from there. Next I add it as the only step in an SQL Server Agent Job and I get 4 consistent error messages."failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN"""One or more component failed validation""There were errors during task validation""An error occurred executing the provided SQL command: "select * from 'zqryExportTesting'". Object reference not set to an instance of an object.I've tries everything i can find. I've set the package encryption to be EncryptSensativeWithPassword instead of the default EncryptSensativeWithUserID. I've tried the 32 vs 64 bit runtime (I'm using 32 in the scenarios where it works). I've set the SQL Server Agent services to log on as the same user I am currently logged on to the server as. I've set up a proxy with the same user I am logged on to the servers as. I'm pretty sure i've tried every combination i've researched and still got nothing. I'm sure there is a simple setting or trick I'm missing.Thanks a TON in advance for any help you can provide.-Nick

Help me SQL Select

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 02:32 PM PDT

I have sample data as below:IDActivity Subject ProjectName Fullname CusName2 Tuan NULL NULL Aquafina2 Tuan NULL T1 NULL2 Tuan Test NULL NULL2 Tuan NULL NULL NULL3 ABC NULL NULL NULL3 ABC Test NULL NULLAnd I want Select Result as below:IDActivity Subject ProjectName Fullname CusName2 Tuan Test Test T1 Aquafina3 ABC Test NULL NULLEvery one, please.Thank you very much.

converting an date from oracle to a regular datetime in sql

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 09:20 AM PDT

So I have some data that I am importing in from Oracle - and the date is coming in the following way: 25-JUN-13 12.01.15.096000000 AMIf I run the following: select convert(date,'25-JUN-13 12.01.15.096000000 AM') as [date]I get the following error:Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character stringIf I run the following:select convert(datetime,substring('25-JUN-13 12.01.15.096000000 AM',0,10))It returns the data in the format: 2013-06-25 00:00:00.000I need to be able to grab the complete time stamp and put in a datetime format. Any ideas on how to do that?

Has anyone implemented SQL Server 2012 Always On for disaster recovery

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 11:31 AM PDT

Am helping a client upgrade his servers (currently SS 2005 with Windows 2003 cluster). Talked to Dell sales rep this afternoon and he had not heard of anyone implementing Always On for DR. He said all his sales for SS2012 have been for active/passive cluster. I've attended several SQL Saturday sessions and webinars on Always On, but now are worried that nobody has really implemented it in production. I don't want the client to be on the technology tip by himself, but would like to take advantage of Always On if it really works.I would appreciate it if anybody could tell me if they have implemented Always On and what pros and cons they have found.Thanks in advance,Mike Byrd

DQS NULL REFERENCE ERROR

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 03:06 AM PDT

Experiencing a DQS error whilst running an SSIS package with a DQS component. I have created a DQS knowledge which is accessed by the DQS component. When the package is run from SQL Server agent we get the following error:[size="1"]DFT_ProcessWorkData:Error: Microsoft.Ssdqs.Infra.Exceptions.EntryPointException: The Knowledge Base does not exist [Id : 1030017]. at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Proxy.Database.DBAccessClient.Exec() at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Proxy.EntryPoint.KnowledgebaseManagementEntryPointClient.DQProjectGetById(Int64 id) at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Component.DataCorrection.Logic.DataCorrectionComponent.PostExecute() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPostExecute(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)DFT_ProcessWorkData:Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Component.DataCorrection.Logic.DataCorrectionComponent.ProcessChunk(ReadOnlyCollection`1 fieldMappings, ReadOnlyCollection`1 records, CorrectedRecordsStatusStatistics& correctedRecordsTotalStatusStatistics) at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Component.DataCorrection.Logic.DataCorrectionComponent.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)DFT_ProcessWorkData:Error: An unexpected error occurred in the DQS infrastructure.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Ssdqs.Component.DataCorrection.Logic.DataCorrectionComponent.ProcessChunk(ReadOnlyCollection`1 fieldMappings, ReadOnlyCollection`1 records, CorrectedRecordsStatusStatistics& correctedRecordsTotalStatusStatistics)[/size]When the packages were run on our development server they ran fine. The same packages were then deployed to our RTE environment. DQS was also installed on our RTE environment. SQL Jobs were then scheduled to run the packages. The jobs failed giving the above error. I ran the package from visual studio and the package ran successfully. This led me to believe it was a rights issue. I therefore changed the credential and proxy account which ran the sql jobs to ensure that they had the necessary rights. I tried executing the package again from Sql server agent but still got the same error.We uninstalled DQS on our RTE environment and reinstalled it again but the problem still remains. Anybody else experienced this issue or have any idea what may be causing the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog