Friday, May 31, 2013

[SQL Server] importing an access database

[SQL Server] importing an access database


importing an access database

Posted: 31 May 2013 01:47 AM PDT

I imported a database from Access to SQL server and am trying to work with the tables. The primary key fields in my Access DB were of type "auto number". The imported field was set to int. I found this out when performing an insert and got a message that the primary key field cannot be blank. I researched this and found out that I need to change the properties of the PK field to be an identity. I tried making the change and got an error message telling me that the change could not be saved because the table has to be dropped and recreated. How do I get around this? I'd rather not have to increment the PK manually with every insert. Secondarily, I had a bunch of yes/no fields in my access tables. When they were imported, they were set up to not allow blank and had to be set manually. I eventually figured out that they needed a default value set.Is there anything else that I need to watch out for that will make my running SQL statements a nightmare?Mike

msbi

Posted: 31 May 2013 01:23 AM PDT

currently i am undertaking msbi course..will it be a added value to my resume in which direction i should look for a job ??thank youguide me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog