Friday, May 10, 2013

[SQL 2012] cast function

[SQL 2012] cast function


cast function

Posted: 09 May 2013 05:52 PM PDT

Ok, I know this is a silly question, but when I execute this code, it returns 1.00; however 3/2 really should be 1.50. What am I doing wrong here?select cast (3/2 as decimal (5,2)) as 'test'

PSINFO No Longer Working on SQL2012

Posted: 10 May 2013 01:24 AM PDT

I have a process which leverage PSINFO via. XP_CMDSHELL and unfortunately this functionality no longer works under SQL2012. I could not find any information regarding a behavioral change that would effect this functionality but it appears to no longer perform as expected. As an example:EXEC xp_cmdshell 'Psinfo -d disk'Returns the volume information correctly on all prior SQL Server versions however, it simply hangs on SQL2012. In fact only a restart of the SQL Service will clear the SPID, it will simply wait indefinitely on PREEMPTIVE_OS_PIPEOPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog