Friday, May 3, 2013

[SQL 2012] AlwaysON Multi Subnet Cluster, AG Listener

[SQL 2012] AlwaysON Multi Subnet Cluster, AG Listener


AlwaysON Multi Subnet Cluster, AG Listener

Posted: 03 May 2013 01:00 AM PDT

HelloI am not sure if this is a SQL issue or Windows Cluster issue, but am trying to rule out it being a SQL issue.When I fail an availability group between subnets, I am finding that the DNS entry in DNS is staying. So what happens is the Availablity Group listener has 2 records in DNS, one for each IP. This causes the App to timeout at times, since DNS will return either of the two IP's.Anyone ever run into this before?Qsac

Import without SSIS

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:18 PM PDT

Hello - I'm working in SQL Server 2012 Express. I have 400+ Excel files in a folder that I want to import data from into one of my tables. I realized tonight I can't save an SSIS package which seems to be the way to go, in combination with a ForEachLoop which apparently I also can't create. Is there any way to do a batch import without these tools, or do I need to just import each file manually using the wizard?Thanks in advance,Kevin

SQL Server Database Mail

Posted: 02 May 2013 08:51 PM PDT

I am sure there must have been something posted on this subject on SSC but after extensive searching I could not find anything here that applies to my problem.When I want to send an e-mail using DBMail I get the following message:[quote]The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 63 (2013-05-03T09:31:47). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay).)[/quote]Now I have used this feature before in SQL Server 2008 but when I use SQL Server 2012 therefore I know that my DBMail is configured correctly but I will any way post it here.I am using smtp.gmail.com as server with port 587, a GMail address and Database Mail has been enabled as well. I know for a fact that the configuration is good but still it fails.If anyone had the same problem with SQL Server 2012 then please tell me what you did?

What is the impact in renaming an existing database which is participating in Always ON

Posted: 02 May 2013 09:00 AM PDT

Hello,I would like to know what is the impact in renaming a database that is currently been set up for Always ON. What would be the availability group status if we need to rename the existing database with a new name.

Regarding SMB support on SQL Server 2012

Posted: 02 May 2013 04:09 AM PDT

Hi All,SQL Server 2012 has Server Message Block (SMB) support.Does SMB support in SQL Server 2012 is available in any specifc edition(s) or in all editions?Similarly on OS side, is there dependency on any Server Edition/Service Pack?Thanks in advance,With regards,Ankur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog