Friday, May 10, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Replication Monitor Deadlocking

[MS SQL Server] Replication Monitor Deadlocking


Replication Monitor Deadlocking

Posted: 09 May 2013 11:16 PM PDT

Hello,Both in my SQL Server logs and RedGate SQL Monitor is showing the SQL Server Replication Monitor causing deadlocks. It doesn't seem to be affecting our user databases, which is good. So my question is this, has anyone experienced this issue before, and if so, what did you do to resolve it besides not opening the Replication Monitor?Thank you for your answers.

SQL 2008 R2 Books Online Search Hangs

Posted: 10 May 2013 03:22 AM PDT

SQL 2008 R2 Standard SP1 on VMWARE Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise. I just installed on 2 different servers with Books Online. When I fire up Books Online, open search, type in a string and click search, I get an hourglass (and a bunch of funny window glitches) for a long time. If I wait long enough (5 minutes?) I get a "search failed" message. Anybody else see this? SP1 "feature"? Same thing on both servers.

Multi-server Administration - Execute in master

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 01:20 AM PDT

Dear experts,I have implemented a multi-server environment. There is one master server (MSX) and three target servers (TSX).But I have a job that I want to execute in all four servers, either in the targets and in the master. Is there a way to do it? Obvisously I know that I can create a job in the Local Jobs, but then there will be two different jobs.Thanks in advance,

Does BACKUP use the transaction log?

Posted: 09 May 2013 11:14 PM PDT

Hi,I noticed several autogrowth events for the transaction log file of a database shortly after its backup job started. I've browsed around MSDN but can't find any mention of whether the transaction log is used for the backup operation.Not a high-priority issue, just interested to know about it.Thanks,Jeff

Capturing time logged in

Posted: 09 May 2013 07:30 AM PDT

I have been tasked with replicating functionality in place on our Oracle servers that captures the amount of time a user was logged in. The long-gone Oracle admin created a trigger that fired upon logout and recorded such things as how long the user was logged in. I have never done anything with triggers in SQL so am not even sure that a trigger is the best option. The purpose of this whole exercise is to be able to charge for SQL usage based on how long the user was logged in. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog