Thursday, May 16, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Need some advice regarding replication

[MS SQL Server] Need some advice regarding replication


Need some advice regarding replication

Posted: 15 May 2013 08:08 PM PDT

I would like to replicate multiple databases on different servers into one master database.I have 5 different instances on separate servers all running SQL 2008 R2. The schemas and structure are all the same but the data is different. I need to replicate all the data into one database on a single instance. What would the best way going forward?There's about 300 tables which need to be replicated on each site.I tried creating publishers on each server and subscribing them to a single database on one instance but with no success: data is being over written and some servers are not replicating.I probably have the wrong approach or messed up something along the way. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Want to configure a server-side trace to capture T-SQL being fired

Posted: 15 May 2013 10:48 PM PDT

What I'm looking to do is capture the queries that are being fired against a particular DB, to help work out what indexes are being used, what might help them work better (user always selects a couple columns, always with a where = one particular column? Maybe include the other columns in the index!)Currently, here's what I'm capturing:Event 13 - SQL:Batch StartingColumns:1 - TextData (which should show the T-SQL?)14 - StartTime35 - DatabaseName12 - SPIDI'm filtering the trace (sp_trace_setfilter) to only show the DB I'm currently interested in.Where I'm getting confused is, either the users haven't touched the DB all week, or I'm not capturing their queries. I know I'm capturing data, as when I ran a sp_estimate_data_compression_savings against the DB, I found it in the trace. I know it's not rolled over (it's still on the first file, and it's configured to go to 100MB before rolling over to a new file)I'm going to contact the POC / DEV for this DB, ask him if the users have been hitting it, but I'd feel really silly if my trace is broken or not capturing the right data...You know, a question would probably help...Basically, should the trace I defined above capture the information I want?Thanks,Jason

Memory monitor

Posted: 15 May 2013 03:06 PM PDT

Hi ,How to monitor memory usage per sql instance and identify any memory-starved instances so additional memory can be allocated in a cluster?How to check which sql instance requires more memory in a cluster?How to find how much more memory to add to a sql instance in a cluster?Thankskiran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog