Tuesday, May 21, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Moving everything on an SQL instance to new hardware

[MS SQL Server] Moving everything on an SQL instance to new hardware


Moving everything on an SQL instance to new hardware

Posted: 21 May 2013 04:50 AM PDT

We're setting up to move everything from a 32 bit machine to a 64 bit machine. I'm still researching the Web to do this but not much luck yet. I have questions like "Can I just copy the MSDB.MDF/LDF and MASTER.MDF/LDF databases from the old machine to the new machine and everything will be wonderful?"Of course, that question presumes that I'm also going to detach all user databases before trying to copy the MSDB and MASTER MDF/LDF files. After that, I'd copy MDF/LDF files for the user databases to the new machine an attach them.If someone has moved an entire instance from an old machine to a new machine, I'd sure appreciate any tips you might have to keep things simple.Thanks, folks.

SQL Agent jobs do not run as scheduled after change the time zone to a previous time

Posted: 21 May 2013 01:29 AM PDT

(1)I create a job and schedule it to run every 20 seconds.(2)I change the time zone of the sql server machine and the machine time(2013-05-21 11:00:00) is earlier than current time(2013-05-21 16:00:00).(3)This job can run manually, but can not run automatically as scheduled.Need your helps.:-)

restoring partial partitioned database

Posted: 20 May 2013 10:43 AM PDT

Hi all,I'm rather inexperienced in the Data Warehouse side of SQL, but we have rather small sized data warehouse db of 500 GB in Prod (SS2008 R2). The db is in full recovery mode. Our devs would like a copy of this database on their dev server, however I'm looking for ways to reduce the size of this db upon restore. There are many filegroups with partitions that they mentioned some of them are not needed for their development. (I'm looking for something similar to restoring the db with only requested filegroups, but I'm not sure if SQL will allow this) What options do I have and how best should I go about them. Thanks in advance.-RR

SQL Server ignoring maximum file size on transaction log

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 07:52 AM PDT

We have a vendor product monitoring Web access running on a SQL Server 2008 R2 64-bit Standard Edition. The transaction log for the database has file growth set to 100 MB and restricted file growth set to 2,097,152 MB. However, the transaction log keeps filling up all the disk space and logging messages that the transaction log is full. The last time the transaction log got to 28 GB, even though the disk usage report shows that only a few hundred MB are being used. Am I correct that the restricted file growth option sets the maximum file size for the transaction log? If so, why would SQL Server be ignoring this limit?:exclamation:

client was unable to reuse a session?

Posted: 20 May 2013 02:58 PM PDT

Hi.Error messages, The client was unable to reuse a session with SPID 246, which had been reset for connection pooling. The failure ID is 29. This error may have been caused by an earlier operation failing. Check the error logs for failed operations immediately before this error message.I have checked sp_who2 , it was showing more than 50 session not yet closed automatically also all the sessions are same select statement in particulare table..How to close the existing connection?1. I close the application but still apper all the session..2. how to close connection instead of using KILL command? 3. restart service is not good method?But I have done restart the sevice and all the connection was closed. could you suggestion me any alternative way for the same?thanksananda

Master Data Services hierarchy frame is too small

Posted: 20 May 2013 05:28 PM PDT

Hi guys.When I first load master data services and view a hierarchy the frame is nicely sized and shows the entire hierarchy.Then if I go off the screen and come back to it the frame is small and only shows 3 members of a hierarchy.Has anyone experienced this before, is there a fix available?Thanks in advance for your assistance.

dbmail problems on SQL 2008 /SBS 2008 64bit

Posted: 17 Jun 2009 09:04 PM PDT

Hi, I'm neither a DBA nor a Sys Admin person, More a coder but I've been asked to move a database and other bits and pieces to a 2008 SBS platform (from Win2K). The box is being used as a database and web server and although I have most things sorted I'm having major problems with getting dbmail to work. I could put together a small .Net app to send mail as that seems ok but would rather use the tools that are built in. I do NOT want to use Exchange, it's overkill for the situation and The problem is that when I set up a profile and account, either using the wizard or using script suggestions I've found I consistently get the followig error:The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. Sending mail using Account 1(2009-06-18T21:39:02).Exception Message:Cannot send mails to mail server. (Failure sending mail).The SMTP server I'm sending to requires SSL and port 465, and I have no problem send mail if I use Thunderbird as a mail client on the box.Help!!!! please

SSRS report server use high % cpu.

Posted: 20 May 2013 05:32 AM PDT

hi,SSRS report server consume more cpu and cpu utilization upto 100% and there was 28 report user.Report having some time superscription.How to solve problem?Report catching required ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog