Friday, May 24, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Can't get notification email to work properly within a job.

[MS SQL Server] Can't get notification email to work properly within a job.


Can't get notification email to work properly within a job.

Posted: 23 May 2013 11:28 PM PDT

I cannot seem to get the email to work when a job completes. I am relatively new to this so please bear with me but here's what I know.- I have a user set up in the SQL Server Agent/Operators section. When I go to the properties of the operator the Enabled check box is checked, when I go to the Notifications section and check Jobs I see my job notification "FLT Inv" in there and the E-mail section says Always. In the History section the 'By e-mail' says '(Never e-mailed)'.- When I go to Management/SQL Server Logs/Database Mail and send a test email to my email address I receive an email (so that appears to be set up correctly).- When I view the properties of "FLT Inv" in the SQL Server Agent/Jobs area I have it set up in the Notifications area to email the proper operator when the job completes. I also have it set up to write to the windows application event log which when I check the log it writes successfully and says that the job completes successfully.What am I missing? I have to be missing a checkbox somewhere or something, right? Please help...

Back Up database in Network Location

Posted: 23 May 2013 07:53 PM PDT

[font="Verdana"]Hi All,Yesterday I installed 2012 and trying to know its features. Here I am facing a problem. I am trying to take back up of my AP database in my network location. I can take it easily in my D or E drive. The query is [quote]backup database apto disk='\\CONFERENCE-PC\PrimaLink Share\Pratip\Database\ap.bak'[/quote] But it shows me the following errorMsg 3201, Level 16, State 1, Line 1Cannot open backup device '\\CONFERENCE-PC\PrimaLink Share\Pratip\Database\ap.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.[/font]My sql server is running in local system. Earlier in 2008R2 I have not faced this problem.Would you please guide me?Thanks in advance!

Service pack for SQL server that is a sharepoint db server

Posted: 23 May 2013 10:10 AM PDT

Does anyone happen to know sharepoint 2007 (MOSS 2007) work with SQL 2008 SP3?Currently we are at SP1 of SQL.Thanks

How to connect data with MS SQL Server 2008

Posted: 23 May 2013 09:27 AM PDT

Hi,I'm currently working on a project "Restaurant Management System", an application that will help managing the retail business in restaurants, which includes billing, inventory management, sales and reports. Now I've all the data ready and just don't understand how to establish a connection with MS SQL Server 2008.I'd be thankful if anyone let me know the process on how to establish a connection with MS SQL Server 2008??Thanks!!

MDW Collection Set Upload Job Fails After Adding Mirrored DB

Posted: 09 Oct 2012 01:03 AM PDT

I am running SQL Server 2008 R2 in a clustered environment. We have had Data Collector configured and sending information to our central MDW database for some time now without issue. There was a requirement to configure database mirroring for one particular database. Once the mirror was created, the job called Collect_Set_3_Upload continuously fails with the following error:[quote]Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "The database "JobsUS" cannot be opened. It is acting as a mirror database."[/quote]I found only one link describing the issue. [url=http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/sqldatabaseengine/thread/fd93449f-7834-493e-8529-52e9af2c129a]http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/sqldatabaseengine/thread/fd93449f-7834-493e-8529-52e9af2c129a[/url] However, there's no real solution to this specific problem. I understand that the job is not mirror aware, but how do I go about resolving this? Can I modify the code that runs the collection upload step?Additionally, only collection set 3 upload is failing, not 2.Any help is appreciated.

Copy SQL .bak file to other server using FTP and restore the backup to a database

Posted: 23 May 2013 07:16 AM PDT

Hi,I am looking for solution for below approach using TSQL or powershell or using SQL agent job.1. Perform backup on prod DB server of one database-- this can be done2. FTP/SFTP the file to the staging DB server - i am clearly looking for this line and do not want to use SSIS, this i havet to perform using SFTP client/server process.3. Restore the backup to a databaseCan any one please help how to start working on this process and to automate this process at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog