Sunday, March 31, 2013

[SQL Server 2008 issues] Low Procedure Cache Hit Rate means no use of stored procedures?

[SQL Server 2008 issues] Low Procedure Cache Hit Rate means no use of stored procedures?


Low Procedure Cache Hit Rate means no use of stored procedures?

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 06:46 AM PDT

Hi everyone. I'm not really understanding how the procedure cache works in SQL Server 2008 R2.I have 100GB ram allocated to SQL Server. Of the 100GB ram, 8.30 GB is allocated to the procedure cache. Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise is telling me that the hit rate is 59.2%. The recompile rate is near zero.When I query the procedure cache, there are only three plans from the application that are being stored. Two triggers ad one proc. The rest are maintenance tasks from msdb. The application is very busy 24/7 so I'm wondering why the procedure cache is not full. Profiler trace of cache insert shows constant inserts of select queries. Everything from simple select * from <table> to more complex selects with multiple joins.I'm wondering if this means that the application has to compile every query that hits it because the application does not use stored procedures with parameters. I wonder how inefficient that is and if there is anything that can be done.Thanks for reading and helping me to understand.Howard

Problem having restoring database backup file on secondary server

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 06:41 AM PDT

Hi for last two days at one of our client side we have been trying figure out a why its taking two days two restore database backup files on secondary server. restore process is till going on and is stuck at 98% and no other process are there on secondary server.using sp_who2 i could find only two lastwaittypes as BACKUPTHREAD and BACKUPIO. how should i proceed ahead with analysis . i mean does disk has some bottleneck problem ?/the database of which we are trying to restore has file group.does it had to anything with filegropu

Eliminate FileGroup and move contents to Primary FG

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 02:24 PM PDT

Hi there,I'm looking for some guidance on how to resolve something I've been tasked with.I am working on a DB that has a Primary FG and 1 User Defined FG.I am looking to consolidate all the data that is stored in the User Defined FG into the Primary FG and remove any remnants of the User Defined FG from the Database.Any assistance someone could provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Unplanned outages causing bankruptcy

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 07:29 AM PDT

* I wasn't sure where to ask this throughout the forum, so I decided here was best. *For my thesis in graduate school I am choosing to do a paper and presentation on unplanned database availability and the losses it can cause, including losing money or going bankrupt. I'm trying to find information about companies that have gone bankrupt because of an unplanned database outage. I am going to present a case study on a such a company. Is there any public available information about such a company? Several Google searches have not yielded anything for me. Maybe I'm using the wrong combination of keywords.

Queries and tables

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 03:13 AM PDT

Hi!I was wondering if I could find some queries and database tables for them. I would like to have some complicated tasks for which I need to write queries and some tables with inserted rows to check if my queries are good. It's too boring and takes much time to make up my own queries and create tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog