Wednesday, June 19, 2013

[SQL Server] backup

[SQL Server] backup


backup

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 01:35 AM PDT

Dear allIf db recovery model is simple and I take full back up every day. And if my recovery mdel is full and I take only fulll backup every day.(I do not take transaction log back up at all.)Will these recovery models give same results or am I missing some thing.Note that I donot want to restore to particular point of time. Only want to restore to last back up.Lots of info availsble on net but for my situation I feel recovery model does not matter. Correct me if i am wrong. Also want to check if for recovery model full if i take only full back up every day will the transaction log keep on growing or it will truncate when full bavkup taken?Thanks and regsrds

Dynamic Excel sheet Read

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 01:17 PM PDT

Hi guys, I am new to SSIS. Thanks to SQLCentral it helped me in solving my daily assignments. I have a requirement I have like 10 files in a folder and many of the files have same number of column's but the excel sheet name is changing for few files many of the sheets have same name like sheet1 and some sheets have a different name so how can i dynamically load the data into same table and some sheets have extra column's which can be ignored. When i was trying to load the files with the extra columns it is giving an error saying Meta Data changed and package is failing can any of you guys help me in this.

Which one of the below operator takes the most time for execution?

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 08:36 AM PDT

Which operator takes the most time for execution?1) IN2) NOT IN3) AND4) ALL?

t-sql joins

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 06:58 AM PDT

I have three tables.[u]TableA[/u]id_numberdatename[u]TableB[/u]id_numbernotesstatus[u]TableC[/u]id_numberlocationitemSometimes data may be entered in TableA and TableB.Sometimes data may be entered in TableA and TableC.Sometimes data may be entered in TableA and TableB and Table C..I would like to return:A.id_number B.notes B.status C.location C.item..leaving fields from B or C empty when there is no data from them.So, I have:SELECT A.id_number B.notes B.statusFROM TableA as AINNER JOIN TableB as BON A.id_number = B.id_number ...and I haveSELECT A.id_number C.location C.itemFROM TableA as AINNER JOIN TableC as CON A.id_number = C.id_number ...how do I then combine the two so that I get A.id_number B.notes B.status C.location C.itemThanks....

What is Windows System Commands in SQL Server?

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 09:07 PM PDT

What are Windows System Commands in SQL Server? i got this jargoan from msdn website http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174187.aspx.I tried googling it but to no avail. Please help.

Creating an import from sql server

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 08:40 PM PDT

Hi All,Below is the automation i need to do:There is a table which has entries coming to it every day. I need to check which all entries came on Monday.Then every consecutive day till Sunday i need to know which all "new entries came/entries got deleted" to this table and start the process all over over again from monday.Then i need to import these things.Would be great if someone can guide me through the steps.Thanks,Saurabh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog