Friday, July 26, 2013

[SQL Server] What is the set up to study 70-432?

[SQL Server] What is the set up to study 70-432?


What is the set up to study 70-432?

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 12:56 AM PDT

Hi all,based on http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam.aspx?ID=70-432and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=sql.100).aspx#SSETools_x64as the exam involves HA topics,what is the minimum setup required to get hands on topics relating to mirroring, log shipping, replication and clustering. believe that mirroring, and log shipping, replication are on db level, so in that case we can use 2 VM for thisbut for clustering it is on server level, so we need to use another 2VM.how should we set up the VM? how much disk space is required?what should be the virtualization technology that we should use?we needHard Disk Space Requirements (32-Bit and 64-Bit)would require a max of 240 MBbut how about the overall disk requirements? how should we partitioned the virtual disk?am I right to say I need to purchase 4* OS licenses for the VM?Please share your thoughts on the most affordable way to learn SQL server certification.thanks a lot!

Login creation failed

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 08:38 PM PDT

Hello Master,My client created a local non domain windows account and now they want me to add that acount on SQL Server and want sysadmin rights. My SQL Server is in domain on that machine. While creating user, I am able to search that account (As it is local machine account) but I am not able to create login for the same. I got an error : "Error 15401: Windows NT user or group '%s' not found".Is it necessary that new login should be in domain ? OR how can I create login for Nondomain(local account) account ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog