Wednesday, July 24, 2013

[SQL 2012] Reporting server error : An error has occurred during report processing

[SQL 2012] Reporting server error : An error has occurred during report processing


Reporting server error : An error has occurred during report processing

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 01:53 AM PDT

we are migrating our database and report server from SQL 2005 to SQL 2012 and we have move DB to new server. we have 2 server, 1 db server , 2 reporting server, and we are accessing reports from our application on server 3 , on report rendering , app server talks to reporting server to generate report and reporting server talks to db server to get data. i have configured the reporting server to AD user. We also have deployed reports to SQL 2012 reporting server. we call our reports from application itself. when we configured report server , we were able to get reports from application side. we have installed SQL 2012 SP1 recently and we are getting below error. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)Cannot create a connection to data source 'data_source_name'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. i check that AD user we are using, is a sysadmin on both db and reporting server.Any help will be appreciated.

SQL SERVER 2012 is down and unable to start the services

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 10:21 PM PDT

SQL Server 2012 server got crashed and unable to start the services.Below is the error from sql log file :[code="other"]2013-07-24 06:45:30.89 spid5s Error: 17053, Severity: 16, State: 1.2013-07-24 06:45:30.89 spid5s SQLServerLogMgr::FixupLogTail: Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered.2013-07-24 06:45:30.89 spid5s Error: 5159, Severity: 24, State: 13.2013-07-24 06:45:30.89 spid5s Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) on file "E:\mssql\MSSQL11.DEV\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog.ldf" during FixupLogTail.2013-07-24 06:45:30.89 spid5s Cannot recover the master database. SQL Server is unable to run. Restore master from a full backup, repair it, or rebuild it. For more information about how to rebuild the master database, see SQL Server Books Online.[/code]and when tried to keep the user in single user mode to restore the master database i am getting the below error.Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 : SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. .Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 : Login timeout expired.Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 : A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online..Not sure what went wrong and what i need to do to bring back the server online.

error installed cumulative prior to the service pack in sql 2012

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 04:28 AM PDT

How to revoke this...I downloaded the files from msdn...I suspect the browser might asked me to run insted saving while i downloded the package..I havent realize up on downloading..Is there any way to revoke this process..i have tried un istalling in the Control panel.. it is not allowing me to do such..Is there any way that i can resolve this issue...Please suggest..Rookie here :hehe:

Could not find a login matching the name provided

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 09:55 AM PDT

I have a classic asp web analytics site that i wrote to track traffic on my website. In my code i specify the SQL account & password, i see the below error in my application log on the SQL server:Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Reason: Could not find a login matching the name provided. [CLIENT: webserver ip]How can i fix this?Background info:web server is iis 7.5 (separate box)SQL 2012 server (separate box)

Migrating to 2012 SSIS

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 10:52 PM PDT

I am migrating several SQL Server 2008 installs to 2012. At this point in time we are not ready to change the deployment model from the package level used in 2008 to the project model. Are there any issues I should be aware. I will be making the move to the project deployment model in the near future, I just don't have the time to reconfigure all the stand alone packages to take advantage of the new model.GDB

Query re SQL Server Express 2012

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 09:46 PM PDT

Hi allI've installed SQL Server 2012 Express edition and have noted that the SQL Server Agent does not start even though it has been set to Automatic. When trying to start it manually I get the following error message: SQL Server Agent (SQLEXPRESS) service started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.I read somewhere that the SQL Server agent cannot be run if one is running SQL Server Express. Is this true?ThanksPierre

Partion Diffrent Connection Strings

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 08:09 PM PDT

I have 3 partion and ı want to change2 partion to diffrent connection is it possible?

Partition Strategy

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 10:20 AM PDT

My company is in the process of designing a new DW and from speaking to the developers there is most likely going to be one fact table that could become quite large. This fact table is going to have to hold history data going back about 9 years so I'm considering using partitioning to help maintain the data.According to the developers this fact table will more often than not only query data from the current month, so I'm thinking of having a partition that holds data for the current month, one for the current year and one for the history (I may add more than this).I've read that it is best practice to have a free partition at each end of the scale (I was hoping someone could clarify the reasons for this) so I'll try and incorporate this. I just wondered if what I described is the best way to go. My plan would be to switch out data from the current year partition into the history partition at the end of each financial year, and also switch out data for the current month into the year partition.Does this sound like I'm on the right track? I haven't implemented partitioning before so I'm open to any suggestions or gotchas that I may come across.

70-457 Exam Concerns

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 09:44 AM PDT

I passed the 70-433 (MCTS DB Dev) exam a couple years ago and now would like to take Part 1 of the 2012 upgrade exam. I am concerned by the fact that MS has now combined the DBA and Dev exams into one, especially because my work experience circles solely around development. I don't believe I will have any issues with the Dev portion, but don't know how difficult the DBA portion will be. Keep in mind that I attempted the 70-451 exam (MCITP) about 6 months ago and didn't do well, not realizing that the scope of the questions were for someone who also had experience managing databases on an enterprise-level. Has anyone had experience with the 70-457 that can tell me if the DBA questions are as difficult as those presented in the 70-451 exam? I have been using the 70-462 MS training kit to help prepare me for the DBA portion. My general question is: Can anyone express their opinion with regard to how difficult the DBA portion of 70-457 will be to someone with only development experience that did poorly on the 70-451 (MCITP) exam, but did well on the 70-433 (MCTS) exam? Thanks!

DBCC MEMORYSTATUS Output

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 08:01 AM PDT

Is there a good article that explains how to interpret the output of this command in SQL 2012?

sql server 2012 replication problem

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 03:37 AM PDT

Dear friends, I have create a teansactional publication in sql server 2012, but when I check the syncrhronization status I get the following error:Unable to start execution of step 2 (reason: Error authenticating proxy domain\administrator, system error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.). NOTE: The step was retried the requested number of times (10) without succeeding. The step failed.The sql server agent is running o domain administrator account.Do you have any idea of how to solve this problem ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog