Thursday, July 4, 2013

[SQL 2012] Licensing question for services

[SQL 2012] Licensing question for services


Licensing question for services

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 09:47 PM PDT

We're looking at upgrading our server with a new version of SQL Server and I'm trying to work out how many user CALs would be needed. We've usually used processor licenses but are looking at users this time. Some programs which access the database run as services on the database server, some under the system userid and some under another userid. Do services count differently or is it just by the user they will be running under?

Run stored procedure using catalog views SSIS with SQL USER or Windows authentication user with minimum rigths

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 05:06 PM PDT

I need run dtsx packages mounted in SSIS catalog with parameters, throught an stored procedure, because one aplication fired dtsx using stored procedure with parameter valuesI have created the stored procedure using SSISDB.Catalog.Create_Execution, Set_Execution_Parameter_Value, and Start_Execution. This works, but for run the user need have db_owner privilegies on principal_db and ssis_admin on SSISD this will only run if the executing user is a windows account, no problem with this but I need the windows account have minimal rigths on principal_db, I know I can't do it using Sql user because is necesary an windows account but when I create my procedure give execution permition for execute stored proc to an win user in the principal database, create the win user on SSISDB and give permision on catalog procedures SSISDB.Catalog.Create_Execution, Set_Execution_Parameter_Value, and Start_Execution and add to my stored procedure the clause "execute as owner",show me next error:I tried using Execute As and specifying a windows account but I get the error "The current security context cannot be reverted. Please switch to the original database where 'Execute As' was called and try it again."I tried using "execute as self" and when I try run the procedure with another win user (that give permision) show me is necesary windows account.My user have permision on db_owner, sysadmin,and ssis_admin, I think i need come into my permisions to an user for execute this, considering that my procedure working with 2 databases principal_db (where record my procedure) and SSISDB (where live the catalog procedures for create execution and put parameters).Somebody can help me?

SQL Server 2012 Merge Replication Issue - Inserted Data on Subscriber get deleted after successfully synced back to the Publisher

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 03:33 PM PDT

Hi all,I have just encountered this weird issue with our Merge Replication Setup.We have a primary sql server 2012 replicating data out to another secondary sql server 2012 database (pushing data continuously).Then we have subscribers (users) synchronize data to the secondary database server (pull subscription, bi-directional sync).We use parameterized filter (suser_sname) and joined filters on a few tables.We have the following set up as seen in the attachmentAt the subscribers (user's machine), i created a new record of customer which also created customer_contact,contact,pwc_header,pwc_header_extra,pwc_line,site records (one row for each table).Then i sync the Subscriber with the Publisher. All the inserts were inserted into the Publishers (secondary database server and primary database server) correctly. However, the inserts were deleted from the subscribers straightaway in the same sync session and we had no idea why it would do that. ;-)Has anyone encountered the similar issue before? Please help...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog