Friday, July 26, 2013

[SQL 2012] Failed Logins - Resolved

[SQL 2012] Failed Logins - Resolved


Failed Logins - Resolved

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 02:30 AM PDT

This is more of an informational post to be stored for historical purposes because when I searched the internet I didn't see a reference to my issue.Intermittently I would get notifications about failed logins with the following messages.[code="other"]Reason: An attempt to login using SQL authentication failed. Server is configured for Windows authentication only[/code]My server IS configured for Mixed mode.It turns out if you pass a null value for username when attempting to connect using SQL Authentication you will get this confusing error message. :hehe:

how to insert commma seperated vales as a input?

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 10:35 PM PDT

i have a table dbo.student_mark_details which contains 4 columns likestudent_id,name,age,marksin my usp_student_details procedure i have 2 parameters as a i/p like @columns,@valuesmy i/p format isexec student_details @columns='name,age,marks',@values='a,22,85'here how do i insert these column values in a single row in my procedurecan anyone help me?

Access issues with the 'which had been reset for connection pooling.' error.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 05:54 PM PDT

Single Server: @@VersionMicrosoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3368.0 (X64) May 22 2013 17:10:44 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)Mem: 72GBCPU: 16 cores (2 physical)Error in order of desc:The client was unable to reuse a session with SPID 356, which had been reset for connection pooling. The failure ID is 46. This error may have been caused by an earlier operation failing. Check the error logs for failed operations immediately before this error message.Login failed for user '<<User Name>>'. Reason: Failed to open the database '<<Database>>' configured in the login object while revalidating the login on the connection. [CLIENT: xx.xx.xx.xx]The Issue:So what happens is that username and database connect to the server 24/7 thousands of times with no problems and then every once in a while these errors occur. The problem is about once a day the errors occur hundreds of times and the application fails because it can't connect. It takes a restart and things go back to normal.I know it was a kind of bug in 2008 but this is 2012. I've also done the THREAD checks and sp_who2 and things seem normal. Any ideas?? P.S.I know what failure ID 46 is but the database exists and is available at the time.Thanks

Replacing important missing data by row

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 04:09 AM PDT

This is my first post in many years so please forgive if this is the wrong forum. Been a DBA in a previous life and am now working with a client on a data feed and this issue has raised it's ugly head. The issue is we have a table that has SSNs in a data field, but not all rows have an SSN (the UI has the field as optional) so some users enter it and some don't, painful but true. What I want to do is where I have multiple rows and where the lastName, firstName and date of birth (DOB) are a match with another row and one of those rows have a valid SSN, I want to enter that valid SSN into that blank SSN field. In essence I would be entering the optional SSN in those rows where the user chose not to but for some reason had done it in the past or on a future entry.Example:ID lastName firstName DOB SSN other columns...1 Doe John 1/1/1967 111-22-33332 Doe John 1/1/1967 3 Doe John 1/1/1967 111-22-3333I am sure there is a elegant way to do this and while I have started poking at it, I thought I would hit some forums and look for help. Understood this might need some programming but if I can at least select the rows to start with the client can appreciate the counts and we can fix.Appreciate any helpSteve Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog