Friday, July 12, 2013

[SQL 2012] Apply 2012 SP1 CU3 to Primary server of mirrored pair.

[SQL 2012] Apply 2012 SP1 CU3 to Primary server of mirrored pair.


Apply 2012 SP1 CU3 to Primary server of mirrored pair.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 12:44 AM PDT

Hi, I have 2 SQL2012 64 bit servers that are set up as a mirrored pair. There is no witness. The mirror already has SP1 CU3 on it and I now need to patch the Primary server to the same level. Fortunately at the moment we don't need ultra high availability on this system so I can get a bit of downtime without having to think about failing over or using the mirror whilst I do the install. Therefore I can literally just go on to the Primary server and apply the patch when there are no connections.However before I start, do I just need to 'pause' mirroring whilst I do this and 'resume' it when it's complete?Thanks

status

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 11:15 PM PDT

i have 3 instances in sql one is default and other's are named . when i checked the status of the sql server , one of the sql service is in executing mode , though the service account has privileges on the sql .how can we make the service to normal with out restarting .

My sql script not getting all my records

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 11:04 PM PDT

HiI am trying to write a script to get all record where the AccountIDNameis not equal to some companies, status = 1 and stc.value = 'F - Family'This part works for me...However... I also need to grab records wherestatus=1, stc.value = 'F - Family' and the AccountIDName is nullI can't seem to figure out how to write this part.,Below is my code:[code]SELECT CON.AccountIdName, CON.FirstName, CON.LastName, STC.Value FROM dbo.Contact CONLEFT OUTER JOIN StringMap STC ON STC.attributename = 'new_coveragetype' AND STC.attributevalue = CON.new_CoverageType AND STC.objecttypecode = 2 AND STC.langid = 1033WHERE CON.StatusCode = 1 AND STC.Value = 'F - Family' AND CON.AccountIdName NOT IN ( 'Company1', 'Company2', 'Company3', 'Company4', 'Company5, 'Company6' )[/code]

NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 10:13 PM PDT

Hello,I am having a problem with an SSIS 2012 package contacting a database on a separate server. When run manually, under the Integration Services Catalog, the package is failing to contact the database on the separate server. The separate server is recording login failures for [NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON].SSIS is running under a domain account which has access to the server, however the second server seems not to recognise the account.Has anyone seen this before? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.Andrew

Can connect via SQLCMD but not linked server

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 03:26 AM PDT

I am a contractor DBA, and we have about 60 SQL servers of all versions (I mean, all, include 7) and flavors (desktop, express, std, ent...) I am trying to connect to all of them, either via scripts or linked servers for the purposes of collecting data on them. Some of these servers have no other accounts than 'builtin\administrator' and sa, but I can connect to them either via SQLCMD or SSMS (or Enterprise Manager) either from my desk (I have SSMS 2012 installed) or on the servers desktop, since I am a domain admin. So, there are no servers that I don't have some access to.But, in trying to create a linked server to a handful of these, I haven't been able to find any combo of provider, provider string, driver, etc, that will allow me to create a linked server. The SQL server I am trying to link from is 2012 Std.I know anyone will need more info to help me with this, so this is just a start.Thanks,David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog