Wednesday, July 24, 2013

[MS SQL Server] SSIS job

[MS SQL Server] SSIS job


SSIS job

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 04:05 AM PDT

I have a ssis package given by a developer that imports data from an oracle database to SQL server.I setup a job running on this SQL server to run this package, it hangs, running forever.But if I run this package separately on visual studio on the server, it is fine, if using the DTExec tool it runs fine too.I use SQL server agent service account to run this package that stored in the file system.The SQL agent account is a domain account.I wonder why it failed, the strange thing is if I create a proxy account that uses the same domain account SQL agent service use, and run the package using the proxy account, it will work, why is that?They are actually the same domain account.

Job STep with multiple commands

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 01:23 AM PDT

Good dayI want to make a job step,but it must do various commands.The steps is as follows.1.Copy a file over to another file location2.Insert a records into a table in the database3. Run a dtsx import script4. Delete the original file which i have copied.i can achieve all this,but now i have 4 steps in my job.Is it possible to make 1 step,because i have to repeat this procedure for over 380 files.It would be nice to streamline the whole process.thanks for your help in advance.

Will using a Temp table as working / staging tables reduce the log backup size?

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 02:22 PM PDT

I just want to clarify something.I am trying to reduce the size of the log file backups created by certain processes at certain times of the day.I understand logging will and should occur but:If a process inserts, updates etc data in TEMPDB Temp tables for staging then I assume although this data is logged to the tempdb log file it will not get back up (presumably because the TEMPDB log file is not backed up!).So my question is: If I get a user that is creating large log files using normal tables as working / staging tables, therefore large log file backups -- can I reduce this by requesting working / staging data be done in TEMPDB temporary tables?thanks

rebuild index sql server 2008 standard edition

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 06:42 AM PDT

Can any one help me out in rebuilding the indexes in sql server standard edition wit out taking the database down ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog