Friday, July 12, 2013

[MS SQL Server] SQL 2008 R2 setup.exe does nothing

[MS SQL Server] SQL 2008 R2 setup.exe does nothing


SQL 2008 R2 setup.exe does nothing

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 06:16 AM PDT

I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine running SQL Server 2008 Enterprise.I would like to upgrade it to SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. I loaded the media on the machine, but when i double click on the setup.exe, it displays a command box for a split second, goes away, and then nothing happens.I tried rebooting the box, running as Administrator (by the way, I am part of local Admin group on this box), but nothing happens when I double click on setup.exe.I have used this same media on other machines and it works fine. Are there any logs that I can check to see what may be causing the issue?thanksscott

Can I migrate a publisher to 2012 and have it continue to replicate to 2008R2 Subscriber without missing a beat

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 12:47 AM PDT

I will be migrating our Production DB to SQL 2012 shortly (no service interruption using mirroring from 2008R2 to 2012). that part works well. But our Production DB is a publisher feeding a Reporting DB and I'm not clear if replication can pick up from where it left off after the migration or whether I have to re-build the publication / Snapshot from scratch and whether I can continue to use the existing 2008R2 distributor or have to switch to a 2012 distributor. Either way I would like to know the prescribed upgrade method from some experts who have given this a shot.Are there good articles (advice) on the subject?I'd rather not have to fully re-build the Transaction publication but could do that (including the lengthy snapshot) if that is the best/safest approach.In which case I might just re-configure the whole lot now to a 2012 Distributor now and make the new subscriber Reporting database a 2012.Thoughts?...Ray

log file usage issue

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 12:39 AM PDT

HI allhere sql server log file usage is showing as 100% in task manager but internally it is showing as 1mb only how to solve this issues.

Converting a trace to an extended events package

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 11:56 PM PDT

There's a trace I'm required to have running on all my SQL servers 24x7. This trace logs security information to a file. What I'd like to look into doing is converting this trace to an extended events session, as XEs are (supposed to be) lighter-weight than a trace.The problem is, all my servers are running SQL2008R2, so I don't have a pretty GUI to create the XEs in, nor will I any time soon.Does anyone know of a site or way to cross-reference a trace event to an XE? I've been trying to find one, found one query, but it requires a DMV that's not in SQL08...Thanks,Jason

Sql Server - Index ReBuild

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 04:39 PM PDT

I will be planning to do the Rebuild/ Reorg Indexes as my client never had done this and never run update statics.But my problem is that we have replication DB and it's runs very fw minutes as we are subscriber.If I do the Rebuild Index and it will lock the table during maintenance.We are running some evening and nightly jobs too.Replication DB is Big around 200 GB, will be a problem if i do the Index maintenance during week end and publication running?I have already ran the script to identify the Index fragmentation and know which index needs to be Rebuild or Reorg.Thanks,

Execute permission denied

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 09:19 PM PDT

Hi Friends,I should create a user who can create a job or execute the job or disable the job or enable the job. Is it possible to do without giving "sysadmin" privileges?

Hai all

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 05:02 PM PDT

can anyone please explain me "why there will be connection timeout errors in SQL server" any causes for that and paossible resolutions for that ? how to torubleshoot those causes and to fix it?Thanks in advance,RAJ.

The distribution agent failed to create temporary files

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:42 AM PDT

HiI'm getting this error with a transactional replication setup on SQL 2008R2 Standard (SP1): The distribution agent failed to create temporary files in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM' directory. System returned errorcode 5. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL21100)I've been to [url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956032/en-us[/url] amongst other places, and as a result given full control to Everyone on the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM folder (I tried the SQL Agent and Distribution agent accounts first). I've also disabled on-access scanning for the anti-virus software. It's a 2-node cluster so I've done this for both nodes.Is there anything else I can try in order to troubleshoot further? - only this one has got me completely stumped.Thanks everyone,Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog