Monday, July 15, 2013

[MS SQL Server] how to find log shipped databases in given server

[MS SQL Server] how to find log shipped databases in given server


how to find log shipped databases in given server

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 11:32 PM PDT

Hi all,I am really hard to finding how many databases are under logshipping in a given server. also that script need to get databases (means that script support any version) from 2000 version to 2012. can any one please help me out from this issue. that would be great. thanksregardsmac

about system databases.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 11:46 PM PDT

when system databases like model and msdb are in suspect mode,will sql server will be up and running or live?thanks in advance.

SQL Server on Windows Server 2012 essentials - Admin Help

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 05:31 AM PDT

I have just installed Windows Server 2012 essentials on my HP Mediasmart server. I am going to be using server primarily for testing my ASP.Net applications. There will only be a couple of users on this server at any time, myself and one other person. When I try to install any version of SQL Server, 2008, 2012, 2012 Express, the installer gives me the warning about "SQL server on a domain controller is not recommended". The installer lets me get past that message. The issue comes up when I have to select the accounts for each of the services and components. On the SQL Server express install, it will not let me select the one of the "Default" service accounts (NTAUTHORITY\LocalService) for the database engine. Can someone give me an example account setup that I can create in active directory on my domain, with limited permissions, that I can then use in the SQL server installer?

hai all

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 11:34 PM PDT

if i have a single table which is of 1 TB in size and the fragmentation percent is 85% ,i know i can rebulid the indexes,but apart from rebuilding the indexes what other options we have to improve the performance of sql server.Can anyone please help me out.thanks in advance.

Receive notifications that the Transaction Log Backup has failed when it has succeeded.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 07:10 AM PDT

Receive notifications that the Transaction Log Backup has failed when it has succeeded.I have been receiving notifications that the Transaction Log Backup has failed.I look in the Job History and it shows that it succeeded.The backup file is there.I changed the recovery model to Simple before performing a REBUILD of Indexes and I switched it back to Full after.Then I performed complete backups.Any ideas?Thanks.

SQL Server 2008 R2 , change domain

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 03:01 AM PDT

SQL Server 2008 R2Ho guys I need some help from you:I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 installation in a domain.The IT department has decided to change the domain name (keeping same name and IP).Could you provide me the direction on how to ensure the SQL Server still works after the domain change without any issue?Many thanks

Restoring Backup

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:04 PM PDT

Hello,I would like to know that what will be the best way to restore from Full backup, Differential and Transaction Log back up?We are taking weekly Full backup, Daily Differential and every hour T-Log back up into Sql server 2008.Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog