Monday, July 22, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Dumb question about data types

[MS SQL Server] Dumb question about data types


Dumb question about data types

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 03:32 AM PDT

Using SSMS 2008 R2. This is driving me nuts. I have a table that has a LOT of foreign keys. 2 fields are in need of having their data types changed from nvarchar(18) and nvarchar(35), respectively. When I change them to nvarchar(MAX), I can save the table w/o a problem, but when I go in and edit a row (adding characters), it gives me an error that says "String or binary data would be truncated". Why?

shared & Exculsive latches?

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 10:59 PM PDT

Hi,PAGEIOLATCH_SH ---------------wiat_time_S 175094.26 Pct 1.05 Running_Pct 96.99PAGEIOLATCH_EX --------------wiat_time_S 119320.6 Pct 0.71Running_Pct 98.53these shared & Exculsive latchs acquired in waits stats in cummulative number since restarted server, due to data reading DISK IO subsystem instead of reading data from buffer pool.Pl. suggestion me, what could be reason data is not read to buffer pool?both latches are reaching avg 10 ms.Need to add more memory?thanksananda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog