Monday, July 8, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Copy reports from SharePoint development site to production site

[MS SQL Server] Copy reports from SharePoint development site to production site


Copy reports from SharePoint development site to production site

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 04:05 AM PDT

Hi,I want to copy reports build on SharePoint 2010 development server to a production SharePoint site.SSRS is configured in SharePoint integration mode, so reports were build on site itself. Tutorial followed: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyCm3HbxKiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyCm3HbxKiQ[/url]SharePoint 2010 and Reports server 2008 R2 both reside on same server for development.SharePoint 2010 and Reports server 2008 R2 both reside on different servers on production.Will copying data from SharePoint development to prod, also copy reports?As this is new reports development, no reports are yet scheduled or subscribed.Copying reports from development site to production will be done every time.Thanks in advance,Puja

Login failure to SQL instance in 2012

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 09:28 AM PDT

Hi All,I'm seeing login failures to our end users on our server which has recently migrated to Windows/SQL 2012. Strange thing is if user tries to connect with a service account is works fine. But if he tries to connect by himself it is throwing him login failure error.Have anyone seen this issue? I'm also seeing weird things like I'm not able to execute a .cmd file in a SQL job but when i run the same command locally in the server, it works.Please help me.

What can I do to an offline database?

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 01:39 AM PDT

I am in the process of migrating DBs from an old server to a new server. Currently, what I've been doing is:1. Take a full backup2. Set the old DB offline using [code="sql"]ALTER DATABASE [Whatever] SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE[/code]3. Restore the backup over-top the "test" restore on the new server.My questions are:1. Can I backup a DB that is in an offline state? I'm inclined to think no.2. Can I restore over-top a DB that is in an offline state (using WITH REPLACE)?Although, seeing as no one uses the "test" restore on the new server, except the Dev to verify they can get to it, it's not a big deal if I can or can't restore over-top it, as I can leave it online for the restore...Thanks,Jason

Drop Database before Restore - Any Downside ?

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 12:12 AM PDT

I have a job that copies the production database backup to a reporting server every night, and then restores over the reporting database. Before the restore runs, there is a process to kill any connections. Rarely, but annoyingly, the restore fails because it could not get an exclusive lock on the database. I assume something is grabbing a lock right after the "kill spid" step runs and before the restore starts.Is there a better way to make sure my restore does not fail ?If I drop the database first, I may still have to kill connections. BOL says:".. You cannot drop a database currently being used. This means open for reading or writing by any user. To remove users from the database, use ALTER DATABASE to set the database to SINGLE_USER. .."Thanks

copy system database files

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 02:55 PM PDT

Dear All,I would like to have a backup of the SQL system databases (the files themselves) not the SQL backup. When I try to copy these files (master,model,msdb,tempdb), it says the files is in use and it does not allow me to copy.My clarifications:-1) Without having to bring down the database, how can I copy these files to another location?2) Is it possible to backup these files themselves during a full database backup? How do i perform that task?Many thanks,Jai

Notifying SQL of additional CPU additions

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 02:05 PM PDT

Dear All,Iam planning to add two more CPU's to each node on my SQL 2008 standard edition (Vmware virtualized 2 node failover cluster) on windows 2008 R2 from the current 4 CPU's. I have two clarifications:1) Will this affect my current SQL licensing in any way2) Am I required to run any scripts to let SQL know about this change in the hardware. How do I accomplish it?Thanks,Jai

SQL job or task prioritization

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 02:06 PM PDT

Dear All,My current SQL configuration is SQL 2008 standard edition (Vmware virtualized 2 node failover cluster) on windows 2008 R2 .Whenever I run my SQL backup the CPU shoots up over 90%. How do I restrain this so that the CPU does not go up above 60%. Is there any way I can prioritize this task ?Many thanks,Jai

SQL 2008 Express Edition Server Agent won't start

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 10:44 AM PDT

I can't get Server Agent to 'start' on my install of Express Edition. I did some research and it seems that server agent is not 'supported' or part of the software?Does that seem correct? How would a DBA setup a backup job in this environment?Any feedback would be appreciated........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog