Monday, June 10, 2013

[SQL Server] Delay in Print

[SQL Server] Delay in Print


Delay in Print

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 03:32 PM PDT

Dear AllI have procedure A,B,C. Procedure A calls B and C. Procedure B and C have loops and print statement in the loop (for me to understand whats happning). These procedure also have SEELCT (since its under testing phase all these selet and print) before loop.But I have noticed that thouch the prints of B are not completly displayed it runs the Procedure C and displays SELECT result of CAnd after some time it displayes remaining prints of B.I am not able to understand this behaviour. As per my knowledge everything of B should get over and then only it should start with C.Can anybody please explain me the reason of this behaviourRegards

SSRS / IsNothing problems

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 08:57 AM PDT

I'm trying to write an expression in SSRS to allow for different fields to display based on the result set. This example is for the Title line, and obviously it would be adjusted for the row containing the data. [u]Objective:[/u]if SectionCategory is null and SectionType is null, then nothing;if SectionCategory is null and SectionType is not null, then "Type"'if SectionCategory is not null, then "Category"[u]Expression:[/u]=switch( Fields!SectionCategory.Value is nothing and Fields!SectionType.Value is nothing, nothing, iif (Fields!SectionCategory.Value is nothing and (IsNothing(Fields!SectionType.Value)="No"), "Type", nothing), iif ((IsNothing(Fields!SectionCategory.Value)="No"), "Category", nothing) )Is it possible to nest IIF statements in a Switch statement? I've experimented several different ways and I'm getting "#Error" in Preview.

SQL Connection

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:40 AM PDT

I just had sql server 2012 installed on my local machine but after typing my code I clicked on the execute button to test it but I am not connected to any db server. I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'm a noob..... dont I have to be connected to a db in order to test what I create or build a new db?

Choosing the correct driver

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 12:09 AM PDT

I'm writing some documentation on how to connect Access to SQL via ODBC. I honestly always just choose "11.0" when it comes to drivers, just because. But I'm wondering what determines the driver I "should" be using? Does the version of SQL Server determine this? And I'm assuming the "User's" computer won't have all the driver's I'm seeing here so can someone just clarify the rules to choosing the correct driver?[img]http://i.stack.imgur.com/pwpjd.png[/img]*I also asked this on StackOverflow, so if you're a user of that as well and come up with an answer, feel free to do it there as well so I can give you some points :)

NOCHECK CONSTRAIN

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 03:05 PM PDT

Dear AllThere is hardly any data in the table on which i have defined foreign key. But when i am setting NOCHECK constrian it taking long time / not getting over.What may be the reason?Regards

Inserted & deleted table

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 10:04 PM PDT

Hi,I have confused with below query . Could anyone please help me....Client have sent me one view query , there he put one condition----[b]create and replace view vu_name(column1, column2,------) from table name where isnull(table name.deleted).[/b]I want to know what does that condition means "where isnull(table name.deleted)".Thanks in advance---

Linked Servers (SQL 2005)

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 10:57 PM PDT

So I am a newb.... I have a database system that uses SQL 2005. The server that these systems reside on were migrated to an Active Directory domain. Most of that process involved changing the name of the server from what the vendor named it to what my company wants it called. After migrating the system it functioned well however there is one persistant problem that the vendor and I can not fix. Because of our companies security policy the vendor no longer has remote access so I am doing most of the local support. However sql is not my subject of expertice.My Database is getting an error that tells me {Microsoft}{ODBC SQL Server Driver}{SQL Server} Could not find server 'xxxxxxxx' in sys.servers.It then recomends to run the sp_addlinkedservers proceedure to add the server.Since this was running fine prior to the migration to AD, I beleive the server just needs to be renamed.So I ran the pstored proceedure "sp_linkedservers" to see what server is linked and of course it comes up with an old server name. How can I rename this server"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog