Friday, June 7, 2013

[SQL 2012] Moving 2008 R2 db to 2012

[SQL 2012] Moving 2008 R2 db to 2012


Moving 2008 R2 db to 2012

Posted: 07 Jun 2013 02:49 AM PDT

I've got a database running on SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard. I'm building a SQL server 2012 Standard server to host a new version of that db. I want to move a copy of the database to the new server and run it under 2012 for testing for a couple of weeks, then move a fresh copy of the data to the new server when we're ready to go into production.What's involved in detaching a database from a 2008 R2 instance and attaching it to a 2012 instance? I found some references to updating the compatibility level (to 110) and updating statistics. What else needs to be done?

Linked Server to Call SP

Posted: 06 Jun 2013 10:05 PM PDT

Hi all, I need to call a SP on a remote server and im finding Linked servers to be troublesome to say the least.Ive enabled RPC and RPC Out.If I set up a linked server from SA on Server A to SA on Server B it will run If i set up a linked server from SQL User A (With SysAdmin rights) to SQL User B (With SysAdmin rights) it fails with the error:Msg 7416, Level 16, State 1, Line 1Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.If i try using AD accounts (both with SysAdmin rights) it still fails.. again always with the same error message??any ideas whats going on?

Books on sql server 2012 SSIS and SSAS

Posted: 06 Jun 2013 02:59 PM PDT

Can anyone please recommend me good books on sql serer 2012 SSIS and SSAS?

SSIS 2012 Package Won't Run as SQL Server Agent Job

Posted: 06 Jun 2013 10:04 AM PDT

Hello, I'm new to the forum so sorry in advance for any etiquette I break :)I have an SSIS 2012 package that has a OLE DB data source connecting to an Access Database. The package runs fine when i run it from SQL Server Data Tools. I then deploy it to an SSIS Catalog and I can run the package fine from there. Next I add it as the only step in an SQL Server Agent Job and I get 4 consistent error messages."failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN"""One or more component failed validation""There were errors during task validation""An error occurred executing the provided SQL command: "select * from 'zqryExportTesting'". Object reference not set to an instance of an object.I've tries everything i can find. I've set the package encryption to be EncryptSensativeWithPassword instead of the default EncryptSensativeWithUserID. I've tried the 32 vs 64 bit runtime (I'm using 32 in the scenarios where it works). I've set the SQL Server Agent services to log on as the same user I am currently logged on to the server as. I've set up a proxy with the same user I am logged on to the servers as. I'm pretty sure i've tried every combination i've researched and still got nothing. I'm sure there is a simple setting or trick I'm missing.Thanks a TON in advance for any help you can provide.-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog