Friday, June 21, 2013

[SQL 2012] GPT Partitions

[SQL 2012] GPT Partitions


GPT Partitions

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 02:54 AM PDT

Hello,I installed Windows 2012 and have 3 additional disk arrays that I'm going to configure for SQL 2012 data and logs. Are there any issues with creating the data and log disks as GPT partitions?Thank you,Terry

Windows Cluster with AG

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 07:29 AM PDT

So I have a 2012 windows cluster with three nodes. Each node has sql 2012 Enterprise sp1. We have been playing around in our lab environments trying things out, and we blew it up. The listener points to the primary sql server, but the windows cluster points to a secondary. Also in cluster manager it shows current host server as our secondary as well. I am trying to figure out what needs to be done to get the current host back to the primary. I have tried a few things, including this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee461002.aspx No luck.

Application fails on cluster failover

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 01:04 AM PDT

Hi everyoneI had a problem with one of the Application/service in my cluster.Initially 4 of the 5 applications are recited on node 1. and rest 1 on node 2.For some reason failover happened.All the applications moved to node 2.here comes The problem, Every application is working fine unless one.When i failback to node 1. it is working wellBoth the nodes are possible owners for the application.Any ideas please......rookie here :hehe:

ssis package deployment

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 10:01 AM PDT

Hi,I have deployed an SSIS project that has one parent package which calls two child packages. want to deploy this project to sql server 2012. I use the sql server developer tools (VS 2010 shell) to disign my packages. My packages use OLEDB connection managers (different oledb connection managers for each package pointing to the same connection). I have set the expression for connectionstring property of each of these connection managers in every package. It looks like follows:"Data Source="+ @[$Project::DataSource] +";User ID="+ @[$Project::UserName] +";Pwd="+ @[$Project::Password] +";Initial Catalog="+ @[$Project::InitialCatalog] +";Provider=SQLNCLI11.1;Persist Security Info=True;"I have 4 project parameters for data source, username, password and initial catalog.Now when I deploy the package to my local machine, (which has the same server name as I used while designing the package) it runs fine. For this, I had to create SQL server agent jobs for each of 3 packages and change the "Execute Child Package" task in the "Main Package" to "Execute SQL Server Agent Job" task.In the Job step properties >> Counfiguration tab >> Parameters for the Job for Main package, I set the parameter values to point to the server that I deployed the report on. But in the connection Managers tab, the values stay the same as the design time values.Is it something I have to set for every package? Is the overall design I did bad?The thing is, I want to be able to deploy the package on any server with minimal changes.I have gone through following links, but they explain the deployment and design for sql server 2008.[url=http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2450/ssis-package-deployment-model-in-sql-server-2012-part-1-of-2/] ssis package deployment - part 1[/url][url=http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2451/ssis-package-deployment-model-in-sql-server-2012-part-2-of-2/] ssis package deployment - part 2[/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGHkQi2SAk]passing values to child packages - youtube[/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxOxHM5Ijw]deploying ssis package designed ib above link - Youtube[/url]I am a n00bie. Please correct me if I have used any term incorrectly.TIA.

SSIS 2012 Log Provider for SQL Server displays progress error when logging messages using shared project OLE DB connection

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 03:58 PM PDT

Hi AllI am building a SSIS project using the Project Deployment model of SSIS 2012. I am configuring package level logging using the SSIS log provider for SQL Server and using a [i]project[/i]-level connection in the configuration. The [i]project[/i]-level connection has a project.param of the connection string.The log events are being correctly logged to SQL Server however the Progress information tab indicates two duplicate errors that the project-level connection used for the log provider cannot be found."Error: The connection "xxxx_SSIS_Logging" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found."If I use a [i]package[/i]-level connection in the SSIS log provider, the log events are correctly logged and there are no connection errors in the Progress information tab.Is anyone else observing this behaviour with project-level connections in the SQL Server log provider?Has anyone had failure to log events due to a project-level connection in the SQL Server log provider?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog