Saturday, June 15, 2013

[SQL 2012] Error for Reinitialize Subscription in Snapshot Replication

[SQL 2012] Error for Reinitialize Subscription in Snapshot Replication


Error for Reinitialize Subscription in Snapshot Replication

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 06:37 AM PST

Hi all, I have Snapshot replication setup. I added a new article to my publication. I then went to the Replication monitor and right clicked on Reinitialize all Subscriptions. I get the error below. But when I manually run the SQL job which creates the snapshot and then run the job for the subscriber, everything runs fine. I don't understand the Reinitialize all subscriptions error message. I first thought this was a permissions issue, but have played around with the permissions in the distribution database and nothing has resolved the error. [i]Replication Monitor could not reinitialize one or more subscriptions that support automatic initilization. Additional Information: An exception occurred while executing a transact sql statement or batch. (Microsoft.SQLServer.ConnectionInfo)The subscripttion status of the object could not be changed. Could not update the distribution database subscription table. The subscription status could not be changed. Changed database context to "TestDatabase". (Microsoft SQL Server: Error 14068) [/i]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog