Wednesday, June 26, 2013

[MS SQL Server] SQL Server not using available memory

[MS SQL Server] SQL Server not using available memory


SQL Server not using available memory

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 04:39 AM PDT

I've got 64-bit Windows 2003, SQl Server 2005 Standard Edition. WE have 3 instances on this one server, 32 GB of ram total. All 3 instances have max server memory set to the default. My problem is that 2 of the instances are using 7 GB each, the other 5 GB. One of the instances needs additional memory. According to perfmon, there is 8 gb. available . Why can't the instance that needs memory use what is availble? Other counters - Target memory - 15 GB.

Database Mail not working for job notifications

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 11:56 PM PDT

I have configured Database Mail and sent a test email successfully to myself.I have also created and enabled an operator and added my email address.I set up email notification for a job and add myself in the 'Name' field andmy email address in the 'Email name'When the job runs and look at the details it states that it failed to send the email.What am I missing.Any help is appreciated.Thanks,Keith

SQL Server Backup Internal Steps

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 01:02 AM PDT

I am looking for resources on SQL Server Backups that explain the different steps that the engine takes to back up a database. I am not looking for high level info, I need specifics on each step the engine performs. I am trying to dissect some backup issues, and in order to do that, I need to know exactly what SQL Server is doing. If anyone knows of some good resources where I can find this type of information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Add a new server to Central Management Servers's group/subgroup.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 06:04 AM PDT

I have a CMS setup on my Monitoring server that can talk to all other servers. [url=http://prntscr.com/1bw956]It looks like this[/url]I would like to know if there is a way(scripting) to add a new server to this monitoring group. I know I can rt click and register a new server but I want to run a SP rather than using the GUI. Coz when ever a new serve is created I want to run this SP that adds new server to this group. Please advise. Also does anyone know if we can query the metadata associated with CMSEx:[code="sql"]SELECT ServerName, RegisteredGroup FROM master/msdb.SomeTableThatSavesCMSData[/code]

Drop database Failed

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 12:45 AM PDT

Hi Experts,I am getting deadloack error when tried to delete a large DB. The db is have 4 processes which are blocked by one or the other ,all the processes are system processes.Msg 1205, Level 13, State 30, Line 1Transaction (Process ID 52) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog