Tuesday, June 18, 2013

[MS SQL Server] BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup.

[MS SQL Server] BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup.


BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup.

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 03:46 AM PDT

I have a vendor's production MicroTel.It has 3 databases. They are all at bulk-logged recovery mode.I setup a maintenanance plan to do full at weekend and every day a differential, and every 3 hours a transaction log backup.I got a failed error:BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup.I do see it has a full backup and a differential before the transaction log backup, why it said no current backup?I can also verify it has a full backup by using restore the database from SSMS, I see it listed the most recent full back up and differential backup.THanks,

Cannot access full database

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 03:52 AM PDT

I've got a database with a tran log that expanded and then filled up the disk. Unfortunately, I can't even execute "use database" without an error (cannot be opened due to insufficient disk). If you can't "use" the database, then you can't alter the thing to set it offline then online to fix the problem. And if you can't "use" the database then you can't truncate the log via dbcc shrinkfile (databaseName_Log, 1) -- shrink truncated log file to 1 megSometimes your sys admin can expand the disk the log is on. If that is not possible, how can I bring this database back online? There's always a restore from the latest backup, but I'm wondering if there is any other viable solution.

Restroing DB to multiple files

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 02:05 AM PDT

Is it possible to restore a database's logical path to multiple physical files?The following produces an expected file or id error message.RESTORE DATABASE TestDB FROM DISK = 'Z:\SQLServerBackups\AdventureWorks2012.bak' WITH MOVE 'AdventureWorks2012_Data' TO 'C:\MySQLServer\testdb.mdf', 'C:\MySQLServer\testdb2.ndf', MOVE 'AdventureWorks2012_Log' TO 'C:\MySQLServer\testdb.ldf';GO

Stop particular event logging in SQL Server errorlog

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 05:19 PM PDT

Hi,I need to stop a particular event "Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2.Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.XXX'.'XXXXX' in database 'XXXXX' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full" writing in SQL SErver errorlog.Could you please let me know with the trace number which I need to use to stop the warning writing in SQL Server errorlog?

page life expectancy

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 08:53 AM PDT

I'd like to get an idea of what is normal when it comes to the page life expectancy. I was reading that on an average server the PLE is about 300 or 5 minutes. Some of my database servers have PLE of 2244, 74252 and 6707. should I worry about this hight numbers?I'm using the query below to pull this information.SELECT [object_name], [counter_name], [cntr_value] FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters WHERE [object_name] LIKE '%Manager%' AND [counter_name] = 'Page life expectancy'

SQL Server Agent jobs running under SA

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:49 AM PDT

I have an issue with some of my jobs. They are owned by the same domain account that the SQL Server Agent uses. When they run as scheduled everything appears fine. When they are run manually, we occasionally get feedback that they are running under the SA account.I'm scratching my head on this one trying to figure out why they run under the proper account when scheduled but sometimes (not always) run under SA when manually executed by a member of the DBA team.Books Online is not helpful and my google-fu does not seem to come up with articles pointing out the authentication routines of the SQL Agent jobs. Does anyone have links they can point me to that might explain this issue?EDIT: More information.The agent is using an account assigned to the SysAdmin role (I don't control this) and there are no proxy accounts being used on any of the job steps.We are getting the information from a login watch job that looks at master.dbo.sysprocess and gets the login information from that table.So what process is Microsoft using to load the sysprocesses table? I'm wondering if that might hold a clue as to why we're seeing SA as the account when a job is manually run.

Tracking Job Info from AutoEmail

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 10:48 PM PST

I'm trying to track down the job_id for a job that sent an auto-email alert to us this morning. The information I have is:[quote]The host SERVERNAME has logged in with the functional login 'sa' using SQLAgent - TSQL JobStep (Job 0x3FF647C915B5604EAAAEBB0385D81250 : Step 1).[/quote]The number doesn't equate to a UNIQUEIDENTIFIER or any Job_ID in sysjobs. Does anyone have advice on how I can make the connection?

How do you deal with Sql Service Pack Upgrades....?

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 03:40 PM PDT

Years ago we installed a sql server service pack on a non-clustered server and the results were usually fine. Now they want a fallback plan in case the service pack install fails. This is a good idea but I'm not sure what comprises a good fallback plan for sql. (Uninstall the service pack -- never done that before. We can start by backing up all databases but restoring them, including the system databases, will be time consuming. Maybe we should image the entire server to trim the restoration time.)Any thoughts you have on this matter will be appreciated.TIA,BarkingdogP.S. I presume a sql service pack can possibly update\modify both system and user databases.

The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:57 PM PDT

Hi guys, Recently we got this error:The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped.The database version is SQL Server 2008,I have checked that user doesn't have schema,procedure,function,table,view and so on.My question is: how to check the user's objects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog