Friday, April 12, 2013

[SQL Server] max function and where clause

[SQL Server] max function and where clause


max function and where clause

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 12:35 AM PDT

Hi, I went to retrive the the maximum of one cloumn in the table meet some where criteria. I tried the folowing SQL Select Name, Max(version) from table1 where name="Asdf";I am unable to get the required result set which I need from above query.Can you please tell me what is wrong with the query?Thank you!

udf?,isolation ?

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 11:04 PM PDT

i have 2 questions??1.can we use insert,delete inside user defined function(i tried myself it showing error 'side-effecting operator 'DELETE' within a function.')? if not why?2.what is isolation in sql server? where it is used ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog