Tuesday, April 16, 2013

[SQL Server Data Warehousing] Forms templates for documenting DW analysis & design, + naming conventions


A small DW project is on the horizon & I will be meeting with a key skate-holder to understand what they are wanting. I would like to have a set document templates to help prompt me to ask the right questions, use as a checklist & reflect back to this person & other users my understanding of what they want.


Can anyone recommend a set of document templates for DW analysis & design?


I would also like to have some standards for naming conventions for DB tables, SSIS objects, SSAS objects etc. So if anyone could refer me to some it would be appreciated.


Thanks in advance.




.

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog