Thursday, April 25, 2013

[SQL Server] Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server

[SQL Server] Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server


Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 01:19 AM PDT

Hi Experts I am trying to delete my publication from my Publication server and i am getting error. I have already dropped distribution database and none of the jobs are running still I can not drop the Publication. Please helpScreen Short Attached of the problem Thanks

Ad Hoc Query with a linked server?

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 04:15 AM PDT

I have never run a query accross two servers before. I have created a linked server between two 2008 r2 servers, I have configured to allow ad hoc queries on both, I have sys admin permissions on my user name on both. Just in case, I have configured my main server to access the linked server using my sa username and password. I run my query and I get this error: Msg 7308, Level 16, State 1, Line 2OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is configured to run in single-threaded apartment mode. Now maybe I'm not understanding the provider syntax, I'm not sure. What am I doing wrong?Here is my query:USE Report;GOSELECT d.*FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'Server=servername;', 'SELECT t.person_id , t.tran_date , t.service_codeFROM Database.dbo.table t JOIN person p ON t.person_id = p.person_id' ) AS d;GO

SQL 2008 Query

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 05:40 PM PDT

Hi I am a complete novice and would like some help. I have a table (see attached image) that i need to query and return the average cost for the latest 3 supply dates. Some items may have one or 100 records. Let me know if you need any further information. Any help would be great.CheersCory

index fragmentation.

Posted: 07 Jun 2012 10:28 PM PDT

Hi All,The dynamic view sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats gives us the external fragmentation value in percent. Is there any way we can find the internal fragmentaion value ? And does the index rebuild/reorg reduce internal frag too ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog