Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[SQL 2012] SQL 2012 and Windows 8

[SQL 2012] SQL 2012 and Windows 8


SQL 2012 and Windows 8

Posted: 08 Apr 2013 09:46 PM PDT

Hi all,Has anyone of you been able to install SQL 2012 Developer Edition (64 bit) on a machine running Windows 8 Enterprise Edition (64 bit)? Just asking because my colleague tried just that today, and it comes up with a message saying the operating system isn't supported? Somehow I can't really believe that, but I saw it with my own eyes :w00t:Thanks in advance,Jan

Warning - Columns With No Statistics

Posted: 08 Apr 2013 10:33 PM PDT

Any idea why my temp table is showing this warning in SSMS.Columns With No Statistics: [tempdb].[dbo].[#T].Requirements, [tempdb].[dbo].[#T].Elapsed[img]http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Attachment13440.aspx[/img]Thanks in advance

MSDTC in SQL 2012

Posted: 08 Apr 2013 07:01 PM PDT

Hi experts,I am very new to SQL clustering and am implementing a 2-node active-passive cluster. So, i have 2 private ip and 2 public ip. I read somewhere that MSDTC should use different ip from cluster ip so I not sure which ip address to put. Can I just put private IP? Will it impact the cluster? Thanks in advance

Logon trigger issue

Posted: 08 Apr 2013 03:25 PM PDT

I'm trying to create a logon trigger to prevent certain users from connecting to the primary node. This is what I have:[code="sql"]USE MASTERGOCREATE TRIGGER tr_Prevent_BA_UTS_Primary_ConnectionsON ALL SERVERFOR LOGONASBEGINIF sys.fn_hadr_backup_is_preferred_replica('UTS') = 0BEGIN IF ORIGINAL_LOGIN() = 'TriggerTest1' BEGIN DECLARE @ErrorText [varchar](128) SET @ErrorText = 'Unable to connect to primary' PRINT @ErrorText ROLLBACK; ENDENDENDGO[/code]For some reason this prevents all users from logging onto the instance instead of just preventing the user specified.Am I missing something here?

FileStream Location

Posted: 08 Apr 2013 04:32 AM PDT

Must a FileStream share for a SQL instance reside on the SQL Server itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog