Friday, April 5, 2013

[SQL 2012] Intellisense Enabled Option is Greyed off

[SQL 2012] Intellisense Enabled Option is Greyed off


Intellisense Enabled Option is Greyed off

Posted: 05 Apr 2013 02:11 AM PDT

I installed SQL Server 2012 on my box. Intellisense is not working and when I go to Query menu -- the "Intellisense Enabled" option is greyed off.What could be the problem?Thanks

Clear definition of read-intent connection please

Posted: 05 Apr 2013 12:47 AM PDT

Hi,Can someone please give me a clear definition of a read-intent connection? I've encountered the phrase when reading about SQL server 2012 AlwaysOn set up. When I googled it seemed that everything I read was a circular definition using the phrase to define itself.Read-intent connection is used in the context of Connection modes in secondary replicas. the choices are 1) disallow connection, 2) allow only read-intent connections, and 3) allow all connections (means all connections for read access only).The only thing I've been able to glean so far is that read-intent connections won't work with older clients.Thanks in advance for reading this and hopefully responding.

Making an AppDomain containing SQL CLR Assembly persist in memory

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 03:49 AM PDT

Hi There,I hope this is in the right board, the SQL CLR section seems to be under SQL Server 2005.I have a CLR Assembly that contains methods to encrypt and decrypt a table of fields using AES.We see a large performance hit on the first run of these methods whilst the CLR is loaded into memory. This takes between 15 and 20 seconds. Subsequent calls take < 1 second until the Assembly is unloaded.I have done some reading around AppDomains and it seems that the AppDomain is held in memory 'to improve performance' until such time as SQL Server deems that 'memory pressure' requires it to be unloaded.We will be hitting these methods quite often but not consistently enough to prevent the CLR from unloading.Is there anyway to adjust the server settings or assembly options to make them more persistent?TIA,Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog