Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[SQL 2012] Connecting to Listener takes several seconds

[SQL 2012] Connecting to Listener takes several seconds


Connecting to Listener takes several seconds

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 02:25 AM PDT

Hi All,I have a client that is connecting slow to the listener of our AlwaysOn availability group. The listener has 2 IPs in different subnets. He is specifying MultiSubnetFailover=True but it doesn't appear that it is checking both IPs in parallel. What appears to be happening is it is checking one, waiting for the timeout and then checking the other IP address. We have several others that are not experiencing this issue.He is running .NET Framework v4.0.30319 so that doesn't appear to be the problem. Any other ideas of what to check?

SSMS 2012 error when connect to sql server with windows authentication after VS instalation

Posted: 09 Apr 2013 07:33 PM PDT

Hi.After install VS 2012 in my pc i can't connect with SSMS 2012 to my SQL Server 2012 server (i can connect to other server -only SQL Server 2000 server-). I receive the next error message:"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 258)".I already execute 'netsh winsock reset' command but the result is the same. I don't know what more doing.Somebody could help me?Thanks.

SQL 2012 management (query) tools only

Posted: 09 Apr 2013 12:18 PM PDT

Hi I am a software developer and have access to SQL server of different version - 2005, 2008 and so onI have a new laptop and I need good solid query tools with intilesense and preferably version control. I don't want to commit to install a full version of SQL on my laptop unless I know for sure I will be able to install different version side-by-side. I prefer to install only the management studio and not the database engine.What are my options and does the express version management tools of 2012 offer some kind of version control?Thank you in advanceMyalo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog