Friday, April 12, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Track asp pages that are deleting records from a table

[MS SQL Server] Track asp pages that are deleting records from a table


Track asp pages that are deleting records from a table

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 04:42 AM PDT

We have a website that has thousands of asp and asp.net pages. One of the pages has been written to do a deletion of records on a specific table. We know the table the records are being deleted from, the stored procedure that is doing the deletion, but don't know the asp page calling the stored procedure.Is there a way of doing a trace or change tracking (for the specific table) or delete trigger that captures the asp page name that is calling the deletion?

Server doesn't accept connections from the web!

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 02:09 PM PDT

I am making a VB.Net app that accesses my SQL Server, but when I try to run the app from a remote computer, I get an error that it can't find the server.It works fine if I access it from the local network using the local IP, but outside, using the public IP, it doesn't work!I checked the Allow Remote Connection options, but that didn't work eitherAlso, I tried to put my server as DMZ host on my router, didn't work.Additionally, I tried to disable windows firewall, no results.Environment: Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012Maxwell.

Log File Shrink

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 05:42 AM PDT

Now that we got the log file backups under control, now it's time to shrink the log file. I'm going to start with the Test DB which is only 56 gig, and when they (consultants) created the log file initialy, they set the log file size to 59 gig. See below the results of DBCC SQLPERF(logspace). It looks as though I can really shrink this sucker. What do you think would be an appropriate size, remembering this is a test DB with not a lot of transactions going through. [img]http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q791/midnight251/LogFileSize_zps62bd6b1a.jpg[/img]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog