Monday, April 8, 2013

[MS SQL Server] SQL Server 2008 Link Server Connection Error

[MS SQL Server] SQL Server 2008 Link Server Connection Error


SQL Server 2008 Link Server Connection Error

Posted: 07 Apr 2013 10:48 PM PDT

Sir,I am working in Medical college campus.They have 5 server in our campus.I have done a Port for SQL 1433 Both Server are activate an also Named Pipes Provider are Enable,TCP/IP is Enabled in Both Server.In Configuration Manager SQL Browser is running and SQL SERVER (MSSQLSERVER) also running.When connection Link server the following Error as occurred.TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)------------------------------Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "172.17.15.100" returned message "Login timeout expired".OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "172.17.15.100" returned message "A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

SQL 2008 Audit doesn't show parameters

Posted: 05 Sep 2009 03:54 AM PDT

I need to audit all accesses, updates, inserts, deletes, executes, etc. done to specific tables in our database. I upgraded my SQL Server to 2008 so I could use the new Audit functionality. This works great and shows me everything I need and who accessed it. The problem is I don't know what the query contained. Let me give some examples:If I run a query from the Management studio it gives me the following:Query that was run: Select * From Customer Where ID = '123'Audit shows this: Select * From Customer Where ID = '123' This is what I would expect all the time. But if I add in a parameter it gives the following:Query that was run: Declare @id varchar(255) Set @id = '123' Select * From Customer Where ID = @idAudit show this: Select * From Customer Where ID = @idI would like to be able to see what the parameter was in case I need to investigate something.Does anyone have any suggestions? Our application sends in thousands of stored procedures with parameters and how it currently works won't help.Thanks in advance!JN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog