Monday, April 22, 2013

[MS SQL Server] SQL Performance Monitoring software

[MS SQL Server] SQL Performance Monitoring software


SQL Performance Monitoring software

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 04:53 AM PDT

Hey guys,I'm looking for a good performance monitoring software for our sql servers. So far I was able to find RedGate SQL Monitor, which seems pretty nice, Ignite Confio 8, which also very good, and looks like they have excellent support, and Embarcadero DB Optimizer 3.5 (recommended by vendor). I'm not sure which one to go for, and why. Can anyone please recommend something that fairly simple to use, will give me great feedback on performance of database, suggest enhancements, and won't break the bank.

SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and KB2551254

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 02:21 AM PDT

Hello,I'm in process of installing several servers with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. So far I've completed 5 of them and I'm finding a common issue. That Reporting Services fails to start after applying SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. I've dug a little bit and have found one Connect post where Microsoft says they cannot reproduce it and several blogs indicating removing this KB resolves the issue.My question is this, has anyone else ran into this issue and have differing opinions? The information I've dug up seems a bit inconclusive and nothing concrete. I have however uninstalled it from one server and confirmed it now starts successfully.

How to Give User Access to another user

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 01:23 AM PDT

[font="Verdana"]Hi All,In Server I have 2 users one is MasterAccess and other one is ap. there are many tables but masteracess only can view few tables of CAS database and [b]ap user does not have the access of CAS database[/b] but he is the db_owner of other databases.Now in AP5 database I have created a user MasterAccess and Now I have given the rights to the ap user who can view the tables of MasterAccess user. I have written the code like below select * from CAS.dbo.BankOffices and the code is working fine. Now if i update the same table it is working. Begin tranupdate CAS.dbo.BankOffices set Bankoffices_Id =5where bank_code=115and the result shows me 2 rows affected....how? MasterAccess can only view the CAS table. He can not edit, insert; only he can view the selected 5 tables...Now what I want is that ap user will also able to view these 5 table but he will not be able to insert, update delete etc...Please help me[/font]

TempDB on Amazon Ephemeral drives

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 10:23 AM PDT

Has anybody used the EC2 Ephemeral drives as a location for their TEMPDB databases?Normally I use a standard volume but these drives are supposedly faster for TEMPDB -- but are volatile of course which [b]should [/b]not be an issue for the TEMPDB as long as it is put in the root of the drive and not a folder (as the folder will not get re-created when the machine restarts).thanks

ssas understanding

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 06:03 AM PDT

I am currently working on SSAS 2008.Gone through ebooks for understanding but never got proper indepth understanding of dimensions and measure,kpI...I would like to know from where to get a good study material with samples/examples for ssas 2008.can anybody suggest?

Database syncronization script for DR

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 04:06 PM PDT

Hi All,My client is planning to do a daily sycn using backup / restore script. weekly full backup follwed by daily incremental backup to be apply on the secondary server and incase of DR the secondary server will come up using a recover script.Is there any script available to automate all the process in batch file which will do the backup / restrore activity daily wise.Waiting for your input.Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog